Financial Reporting Accountant
Company: DLC Management Corp.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Who We Are:We are a growing best in class team of real estate
entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for
all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS-working
together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful,
profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation's preeminent
owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio
includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and
continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions. Our
invaluable, in-house expertise delivers excellence in all facets of
real estate improvements including: Leasing, Property Management,
Acquisitions and Dispositions, Development, Third Party Services
and Outsourced Retailer Services.
Working at DLC:DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to
Work. This designation, which we earned 3 years in a row, was
granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier
above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the
single most important asset to the Company since we know it's the
people who make the difference. For an inside look into our company
culture, check out:
About the Role:DLC Management is seeking a Financial Reporting
Accountant to join our Corporate HQ office in Elmsford, NY.
Reporting directly to the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant,
this position will work closely with the team to review, improve
and implement sound accounting policies.
- Manage, lead and train Property Accountants and junior
- Complete involvement with all accounting and reporting
functions of assigned portfolios, including reporting results
internally and externally.
- Beginning to end preparation and review of monthly financial
statements as prescribed by the operating agreement.
- Prepare monthly property reporting packages incorporating data
from Legal, Construction, Leasing, Asset Management and Property
- Develop, maintain and provide information to Asset Management,
Acquisitions/dispositions, and any other related parties.
- Interact with counterparts of DLC's joint venture partners in
the presentation of financial reports, information and
- Work with the JV Property Accountants to fully understand
significant operation related events, such as but not limited to,
tenant turnover, TI, Capex, and other material expenditures or
changes to current and future expectations.
- Review general ledger and trial balances for completeness and
- Responsible for cash flow and budget management of assigned
entities, including but not limited to, current and future cash
projections. This also includes working with the Controller,
Construction Management and Property Management on lender and/or
self-funding of expenditures. Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Interact and maintain communication with lenders and prepare
lender debt compliance of portfolio properties as well as legacy
entities as assigned.
- Participate in the review and preparation of annual
- Work with outside auditors to complete annual audits and tax
returns including the preparation of annual financial
- Work with cash receipts clerk to ensure receipts are applied
properly and timely. Also, assist clerk with collection efforts, as
- Prepare and review annual tenant reconciliations of common area
maintenance, tax and insurance escrow. Follow up with tenants on
collections of these amounts, specifically national tenants that
require supporting documentation the clerks generally cannot
- Prepare tenant billings. Bill monthly rent charges, verifying
all changes from the prior months' charges and manual billings, as
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2-4 years of experience in public accounting.
- 2-4 years of experience preparing financial statements.
- Previous experience in audit and tax-preferred.
- Be able to work within set time constraints and strictly adhere
to and be aware of deadlines and due dates.
- Ability to multi-task and be able to simultaneously manage
multiple portfolios and/or entities.
- Must have strong analytical capabilities to prepare and present
variance analysis both internally and externally.
- Knowledge and understanding of all accounting functions of the
Keywords: DLC Management Corp., Yonkers , Financial Reporting Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Elmsford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!