Director of Finance
Posted on: November 18, 2023
gpac, a 30+ year-old recruitment company, is currently partnered
with a well-established nonprofit organization dedicated to
providing food and shelter to the youth of NYC for over 20 years.
They have also worked tirelessly to support marginalized
communities by offering affirming care and job readiness programs.
This is an amazing opportunity for candidates who are passionate
about making a positive impact on the lives of young individuals in
- Oversee all financial operations of the organization, ensuring
accuracy, compliance, and efficiency.
- Develop and implement the organization's financial strategies and
goals in line with its mission and objectives.
- Prepare and present financial reports, budgets, and forecasts to
the executive team and board of directors.
- Manage financial controls and policies, ensuring compliance with
regulations and best practices.
- Analyze financial data, identify financial trends, and provide
recommendations for improving financial performance.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop and manage program
budgets and funding proposals.
- Lead a team of finance professionals, providing guidance,
training, and performance evaluations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date accounting records, including
journal entries, reconciliations, and financial statements.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of accounts payable and
- Oversee the preparation of payroll, ensuring compliance with
applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitor cash flow and manage banking relationships.
- Coordinate and oversee annual audits and financial reviews.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, regulations, and best practices
in nonprofit financial management.
- Master's Degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a senior leadership position
focused on finance in a nonprofit setting.
- Experience with government contracts.
- Proficiency in accounting software packages.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Hybrid work schedule.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- 401(k) matching.
- Parental leave.
- Life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid vacations and holidays.
If you are a dedicated finance professional looking to make a
difference in the lives of young individuals, we encourage you to
apply for the Director of Finance position with our client. To
learn more about this opportunity, please contact
Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-410-2375. We look forward to hearing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, military status, genetic information, or any other status
protected by applicable laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People
and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in
placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the
United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive,
client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to
deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: gpac, Yonkers , Director of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!