After School Instructor
Posted on: September 24, 2022
We are hiring in Hawthorne NY! Join us at Easterseals for an
exciting career as an After School Instructor!MUST be vaccinated
against COVID-19. Required to provide documentation during the
Onboarding process.Mission: Easterseals New York's mission is to
spread help, hope and answers
www.Easterseals.com/newyork.Easterseals New York operates programs
that enable those with special needs to achieve equality, dignity,
and independence in their own communities. It provides exceptional
services to ensure that all people with disabilities or special
needs and their families have equal opportunities to live, learn,
work and play in their communities. We change the way the world
defines and views disability by making profound, positive
differences in people's lives every day. Easterseals has been an
American Institution since 1919.Job Title: After School
InstructorLocation: Valhalla, NYFLSA Status: Non-ExemptPosition
Type: Part-TimePosition Summary: The After School Instructor will
work with school age students after school hours to create a safe,
nurturing, fun-filled environment while creating and engaging in
age appropriate activities and homework assistance. The After
School Instructor is expected to follow all OCFS regulations,
create a positive atmosphere while collaborating with other
instructors and program coodrinator.Essential Job Functions:
- Generate age-appropriate lesson plans for each area of
- Administer direct supervision of children at Easter Seals.
- Ensure safety and promote active learning through
age-appropriate activities and play.
- Setup appropriate study group homework incentives.
- Supervise children utilizing appropriate Agency
- Maintain daily attendance records for all enrolled
- Maintain appropriate and professional relationship with
- Maintain appropriate activity supplies and recreational
- Provide accurate Incident Reports records.
- Attend required staff meetings and maintain required in-service
- Help develop and implement weekly rotational schedules for
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor. This
job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Education and
- Associates degree in Child Development, Recreation or related
field or High School Diploma or Equivalent and two year(s) direct
experience working with children under 13 years of age.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.WORK
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job.Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Fedcap, Yonkers , After School Instructor, Education / Teaching , Hawthorne, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!