Company: Florida Crystals / ASR Group
Posted on: September 10, 2023
ASR Group is the world's largest refiner and marketer of cane
sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million
tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery,
industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across
North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries,
located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and
Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar
refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates
mills in Mexico and Belize. The company's brand portfolio includes
the leading brands Domino -, C&H -, Redpath -, Tate & Lyle -,
Lyle's - and Sidul -.
The Control Systems Engineer is responsible for maintaining
instrumentation and control systems in support of plant production,
quality, GMP, and safety goals. Design and implement changes to the
instrumentation and control systems in the plant in support of
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs / Supports both control and manufacturing execution
- Supports companywide infrastructure for existing systems and
serves as high-level resource for operating systems and
applications for Manufacturing Processes.
- Propose, Design, and Implement the Algorithms needed to sustain
continuous improvement based on manufacturing direction.
- Direct the activities of others to implement designs.
- Conduct automation feasibility studies for practicality and
potential return on investment.
- Prepare and submit the controls design and implementation phase
- Develop logic and algorithms for both discrete and analog
control of processes and implement.
- Develop HMI applications to meet the needs of operations.
- Innovate to maintain our competitive edge and meet the needs of
the end user.
- Assure the integrity of control and information systems through
security and redundant system backups.
- Document and develop systems for consistency.
- Provide operation, maintenance, and technical support/training
to production and maintenance personnel.
- Maintain the health of Process Control Domain Infrastructure
and existing Manufacturing Information Systems.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with
overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- 2 years controls and instrumentation experience required, OR 2
years of equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited
college/university with related coursework OR equivalent experience
with controls. ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following: ArchestrA System
Platform, Wonderware InTouch, Allen Bradley PLC systems (PLC5,
SLC500, and ControlLogix), VB Scripting and Microsoft SQL
- Windows 2012, Windows 2008, Win 7 operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally
and written to work effectively with peers, plant operating staff,
and other engineering resources.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, develop solutions,
and quickly implement their strategy to minimize system
- Demonstrated understanding of controls systems
- Strong project and time management skills and demonstrated
ability to complete projects in a timely manner within budget.
- Must be willing to support a 24/7 operation LOCATION OF ROLE
- Yonkers, NY
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status
or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit,
and business need.
Keywords: Florida Crystals / ASR Group, Yonkers , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!