Homeless Outreach Case Manager
Company: Westhab, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
JOB TITLE: Homeless Outreach Case Manager
DEPARTMENT: Adult Housing & Services
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
SUMMARY : The Homeless Outreach Case Manager will work as part of
the team with the Homeless Outreach Workers to creatively and
effectively engage individuals living on the street through
outreach in the community. The position will serve to respond to
calls and work collaboratively with law enforcement, business
community and other establishments to provide outreach to the
street homeless. Proof of COVID-19 vaccine is required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the outreach team with engagement of street homeless
- Conducts screenings/initial assessment of needs and CHAT
- Provide counseling and case coordination services to follow
through on referrals and monitor client responses to services.
- Provide documentation in logs and client records of services
delivered. Assist in the coordination of records, building
databases on current program files.
- Develops and cultivates professional relationships with law
enforcement, business community and other stakeholders.
- Establish resources and linkages with mental health, substance
abuse, medical providers and emergency shelters
- Knowledge of the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
database and the DSS Coordinated Entry System (CES) referral
- Ensures that clients are entered in HMIS and referred to
- Assist the Program Coordinator with data collection and
- Provide crisis intervention/de-escalation when needed
- Other duties as assign by supervisor
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in social work or related field preferred, with
four years' experience in direct client services. Strong computer,
presentation, written and verbal communication skills required.
Must maintain ongoing knowledge of community dynamics and possess
an in-depth familiarity with the Yonkers area. Must have the
ability to develop strong community partnerships. Some evenings and
weekends. Must have own transportation and valid drivers
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS:
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region,
providing housing and supportive services for more than 10,000 of
the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are
staffed by an extraordinary group of hard-working professionals
that are fully committed to our mission - Building Communities.
Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations
for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the
communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very
best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on
empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity,
it should only be because you feel ready for the challenges and
expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Westhab, Inc., Yonkers , Homeless Outreach Case Manager, Executive , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!