Director of Accounting/Finance
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Director of Accounting/Finance
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- Our client based in Yonkers, NY is looking for a Director of
Accounting/Finance to join their team ASAP. This is an incredible
opportunity that is perfect for a candidate who is eager to work in
the non-profit space with an organization focused on inclusive
hiring. If you are someone who is able to work independently and
looking for an opportunity to support a fantastic non-profit
organization, keep reading!
Why should you take this job?
This opportunity gives you a chance to work for a non-profit
organization that is dedicated to providing opportunities. Pillars
of the company are about non-judgment, compassion, and empowerment
leading to transformation. As a Director of Accounting/Finance,
you'll assist job seekers so they can access training and education
programs, youth services, and transitional employment services.
- They have been serving the surrounding community for over 40
- Supporting the company mission dedicated to helping individuals
who have not had previous job experience secure employment
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
- Inclusive, employee-focused company cultureAs a member of the
Finance Team, the Finance Director reports directly to the Vice
President, Finance and Operations to provide timely and accurate
financial reporting, business planning, forecasting, analysis, and
manages all accounting functions of the organization, including
accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and purchasing on
all aspects of the company.
- Leads accounting function to oversee finance operations
including financial reporting, tax, AP/AP and cash management
- Develops, interprets, and analyzes timely monthly financial and
business reporting for management and the Board of Directors.
Develop, maintain, and monitor financial and mission-related
- Direct annual budget process with Vice President, Finance &
Operations; prepare and maintain financial projections in order to
ensure strategic needs of the organization are being met and
- Manages all documents related to the grants including
distributing important documents, managing where the documents are
stored, and creating an environment where those documents can be
- Manages all compliance related to the grants including in
accordance with foundation and government regulations
- Provides specialized analyses in support of all business
functions, including development
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and
enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits
and providing information to external auditors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by
- 10+ experience with increasing responsibility of the finance
and accounting functions, preferably within a not-for profit
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent, CPA or MBA
- Mission-driven; passionate about organization
- Working knowledge of accounting systems, and hands-on w/
journal entries, treasury functions, data collection, data
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling,
resource planning and financial management
- Advanced proficiency Microsoft Office Suite, including
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Yonkers , Director of Accounting/Finance, Executive , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!