Specialist, Investment Planning and Management
Company: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER)
Posted on: July 28, 2022
About us National Grid is hiring a Specialist, Investment
Planning & Management reporting to Melville, New York. Everyday we
deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities and
businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect
people to the energy for the lives they live. The pace of change in
society and our industry is accelerating, our expertise and track
record puts us in an unparcelled position to shape the sustainable
future of our industry. To be successful we must anticipate the
needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today
and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This
requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new
opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business. Job Purpose
Responsible for assisting in the development of the Gas financial
capital and operational expenditures. Responsible to assist in the
creation of long-term resource plan to support workload
requirements. Working with Asset Management and Gas Operations to
ensure the development of the 5-year financial plans. Support the
development for Rate Cases throughout the Gas Business.
Responsibility includes resource forecasting, budget allocation and
projecting forward looking plans, coordination of rate case inputs.
Assist in the development and analysis of the long-term investment
plans for US Gas capital and operational expenditures. Works
collaboratively with functional leaders to optimize operating
efficiency and ensure that an executable plan is aligned with
financial, regulatory and legislative requirements. Key
- Assist in the planning, organization and coordination of the
development of Rate Cases for the Gas Business
- Support regulatory activities in each of our operating
jurisdictions through the analysis of past and future
- Investment plans. The support to include rate case testimony,
information and data requests, and periodic reports.
- Support the development of Rate Case Testimony.
- Organize and develop presentation material to communicate plans
to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop critical backup data to support the Gas long-term
- Work with business units and the Workforce Strategy area to
translate long term business objectives into well- defined resource
requirements in order to support execution of operational
- Partner closely with regional resource planning teams and
develop 5-year resource loaded resource plans in order to ensure
operations activities align with capital and operational strategy.
- Develop high level resource plans and champion innovation in
conjunction with business partners and service providers in order
to test their validity in practice.
- Analyze key themes and cost elements from a wide range of data
sources in order to identify how different scenarios may impact the
business and facilitate improvements in planning.
- BA/BS degree with 3 year business experience
- Must possess strong computer skills and the ability to analyze
data and develop concise presentations.
- An understanding of basic accounting, finance, and regulatory
- An ability to review, proofread, and tie out numerical data and
analysis to a high level of accuracy and confidence.
- Skilled in financial data mining software including Microsoft
Office, Excel, Power Plant, Power BI, Alteryx
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks
simultaneously More Information This position has a career path
which provides for advancement opportunities within and across
bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining
experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against
the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual
experience. National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that
values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and
expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee
engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we
serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative
Keywords: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER), Yonkers , Specialist, Investment Planning and Management, Executive , Englewood, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!