Store Manager (Full-time) Pace Pleasantville Bookstore
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800 colleges
and universities nationwide. We offer a retail environment like no
other - uniquely focused on delivering essential educational
content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail environment
on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact directly with
our customers including students, faculty, administration, alumni,
and the general public to provide outstanding customer service to
sell or rent books, general merchandise, and an array of products
and services for an academic community.
Barnes & Noble College is seeking a customer-focused, sales-driven,
leader to work as a Store Manager in our bookstore. The Store
Manager will lead the store in the daily operation of our retail
store. You will build and maintain positive relationships with the
campus community, supervise employees and departments, work
directly with employees, customers, and faculty, and deliver
measurable results for the store and for your school. Driving
sales, leadership, customer service, team building, and problem
solving are essential skills that will be used on a daily
As a Store Manager you are the store's leader and are accountable
for all aspects of the store-- financial results, operations,
merchandising, talent acquisition, customer service, and campus
relations. You will build and maintain positive relationships with
the campus community and your Corporate Office partners to create
the finest and most profitable bookstore for the school campus
community we serve. You will be a people manager and have direct
involvement with training, directing, and counseling our team to
create customer experiences that enhance bookstore loyalty and
deliver measurable results for the store and for your school. Our
stores can carry everything from text and trade books, technology,
and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food-- everything a
college student desires, their parents want, and our faculty needs.
A Store Manager must be knowledgeable of and a resource for all
departments, model exceptional customer service, drive sales, and
be a skillful problem solver.
* Execute developed business strategies and identify opportunities
drive sales, increase customer satisfaction, and expand store
* Strong delegation, follow up, and management skills to maintain
outstanding visual merchandising standards, ensure availability of
merchandise, maintain appropriate inventories, and complete
projects in a deadline driven industry.
* Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and sales through
effective scheduling, talent acquisition, training, and development
of store team members.
* Ability to identify creative solutions, learn independently,
embrace change, and act as a change agent.
* Analyze sales figures, interpret trends, and forecast future
sales to manage all controllable costs and keep operations
* Ensure standards for quality, customer service, and health and
safety are met by providing a safe and clean store environment and
implementing loss prevention measures.
* Frequent movement within the store to access various departments,
areas, and/or products.
* Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
* Frequent lifting.
* Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing
Our stores comply with all applicable federal, state and local
requirements and/or recommendations regarding social distancing and
sanitizing. In accordance with individual campus requirements,
positions may require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face
masks throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected
* 5+ years' supervisory experience in a retail setting preferred or
a graduate of the Best Seller Program.
* Bachelors in Business Administration or relevant field
* Leadership experience to direct and develop a workforce of
managers and sales associates.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
to manage campus relationships and corporate initiatives while
achieving customer sales and service goals.
* Familiarity with financial and customer service principles.
* Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills needed.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends,
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the
workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Barnes & Noble, Inc, Yonkers , Store Manager (Full-time) Pace Pleasantville Bookstore, Executive , Pleasantville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!