Director, Global Evidence and Outcomes
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: November 24, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.Job DescriptionAre you looking for a
patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you
and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, Global Evidence &
Outcomes in our Cambridge, MA office.At Takeda, we are transforming
the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market
leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower
our people to realize their potential through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers,
encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we
do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our
global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver
Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
world.Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold
mission.POSITION OBJECTIVES:This position functions within Takeda's
Global Evidence & Outcomes (GEO) team, which contributes to the
successful development and commercialization of new, innovative
therapies. As Takeda focuses and organizes itself into teams
focused on rare diseases, neurosciences, gastroenterology and
oncology, the purpose of this position is to provide global
outcomes research support for one of these therapeutic areas. As a
member of the GEO team assigned to one or more global program
teams, this person will inform and contribute to program strategies
with comprehensive evidence generation plans and component research
studies that identify clinical, economic, and patient-centered
unmet needs, and the comparative clinical, and patient-centered
value that Takeda's medicines provide in addressing those needs.
Position objectives are:
- To provide outcomes research leadership and consultative
expertise for Takeda products from early development through launch
- To collaborate and align internally with other Takeda R&D
and Business Unit teams within a multi-disciplinary framework to
meet product needs.
- To contribute to the development and execution of plans to
elucidate unmet clinical, economic and patient-centered needs and
product value to regulators, HTA/payers, health care providers and
- To design, execute and communicate results of appropriate
tactical activities supporting those plans, including observational
and epidemiologic research as well as experimental trials.
- To communicate findings from these studies to relevant internal
and external audiences as effectively as possible. POSITION
- Work within a multidisciplinary, matrixed organization to lead,
develop and execute successful GEO strategies and plans for one or
more therapies in an assigned therapeutic area.
- Using observational research expertise, design, implement and
communicate results of outcomes research studies, that help achieve
- Represent the GEO function and provide strategic input on
corporate cross-functional teams related to product development and
commercialization to enable and support informed decision
- Collaborate and partner with key internal stakeholder
colleagues to ensure priorities and strategies are aligned.
- Perform, as appropriate, relevant research activities which may
include, but not be limited to:
- Design, execution, and analysis in whole or in part of
longitudinal prospective observational or randomized clinical
trials evaluating clinical, patient-centered, and/or economic
- Longitudinal retrospective studies of existing databases to
assess patient characteristics, treatment patterns, and associated
clinical, economic and/or patient-reported outcomes;
- Retrospective or prospective evaluations of disease natural
history and treatment patterns, including drug utilization and
- Cross-sectional surveys of patients, caregivers, health care
providers/practitioners, and/or payers/health technology assessment
- Clinical-disease models and assessments exploring burden of
illness and/or comparative effectiveness.
- Targeted or comprehensive systematic literature reviews;
- Development and validation of PRO and HRQoL instruments.
- Prepare and/or review outcomes research protocols, statistical
analysis plans (SAPs), and reports.
- Prepare, review, and publish scientific reports reflecting
ongoing or completed work.
- Align with internal stakeholders to meet the outcomes and
epidemiology research needs of local operating companies.
- Communicate with relevant internal and external audiences,
which may include regulators, health care providers/practitioners,
HTA authorities/payers, patients and others.
- Ensure findings are communicated effectively, and as
appropriate in conference presentations, publications, dossiers and
other means. EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Experience in one or more disciplines within outcomes research
in Takeda-relevant therapeutic areas is preferred. Demonstrated
experience in observational studies is highly desirable.
- Combination of academic training and practical experience in
outcomes research is required. This may consist of:
- Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., Sc.D. or Dr.P.H.) in a relevant
discipline such as, but not limited to, health services research,
health outcomes research, epidemiology, pharmacy administration,
public health, economics, statistics or decision sciences, plus 8
years practical experience
- Clinical degree (e.g., in medicine, pharmacy, nursing) and a
master's degree in a related discipline (as noted above), plus 10
years practical experience
- Master's degree in a related discipline (as noted above), plus
10 years practical experience.
- Practical experience (number of years as noted above) in
performing outcomes research, in any setting, including life
sciences company, research organization, academic institution or
governmental agency, is required.
- Experience should include the conduct of outcomes research
studies, and the communication of study findings to internal and
- Familiarity with the role and importance of outcomes research
in the multi-disciplinary drug development and commercialization
environment and process (involving multiple stakeholders) is
- Ability to understand regulatory and HTA/payer challenges for
Takeda products; and to critically review data and assimilate
strategies that take such environments into consideration is
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one area of outcomes
research (such as, but not limited to, retrospective or prospective
observational studies, patient-reported outcomes/health-related
quality of life assessment, clinical-economic modeling and
analysis, literature synthesis/meta-analysis) is highly
- Knowledge of health economics is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting or interpreting
statistical analysis is useful.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative skills, including study
design analysis and interpretation of data from observational
- Experience in conducting outcomes research in different
geographic regions is desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a
multicultural and cross functional team environment is
- Broad experience in collaborating with research partners and in
managing multiple tasks and complex projects is very
- Ability to communicate scientific evidence, with strong written
and verbal presentation skills, is required.
- Experience interacting with regulator and/or HTA/payer
policy-makers is highly desirable.
- Record of high-quality, peer-reviewed outcomes research
publications is preferred.TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:Takeda is a global
company with corporate headquarters in Japan, and with global
research and development activities run from Cambridge,
Massachusetts, USA.Travel to meetings (sometimes requiring
overnight stays) involving Takeda colleagues, research partners,
and/or external stakeholders is a requirement of the position.Some
international travel may be required.Time commitment expected for
travel is approximately 10 - 25 %. WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach ProgramsEmpowering Our People to
ShineDiscover more at takedajobs.comNo Phone Calls or Recruiters
Please.Base Salary Range: $156,800 $224,000 $313,600, based on
candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be
eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well.
Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision,
Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays,
Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid
Volunteer Time Off. #LI-SGMEEO StatementTakeda is proud in its
commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status,
national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic
information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam
era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran
in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and
any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker
TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Yonkers , Director, Global Evidence and Outcomes, Executive , Cresskill, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!