Case Manager /First Steps Program, Yonkers,NY
Company: Westhab, Inc.
Posted on: March 13, 2023
JOB TITLE: - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Case Manager-First Steps
Program DEPARTMENT: - - - - - - - - - - Supportive HousingFLSA: - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ExemptLOCATION: - - - - - - - - - -
- - - Yonkers, NYREPORTS TO: - - - - - - - - - - - Service
Coordinator - -SUMMARY: - First Steps Program is a scattered site
supportive permanent housing program, which provides intensive case
management services to homeless young adult parents who have a
mental health disability. Proof of COVID-19 vaccine is required. -
-DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide intensive case management to a caseload
- Responsible for implanting service plans, reassessments and
- Act as a liaison between families and the Department of Social
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed.
- Conduct orientation of all family members to the FirstSteps
- Complete intakes on each family member.
- Maintain accurate, complete and current files on all
- Maintains contact with all necessary collaterals
- Serves as a liaison between clients and community
- Assists with school transportation, registration, and monitor
- Conducts bi-monthly unit inspections or as needed.
- Maintain demographic and other needed information regarding all
clients served for use in statistical reporting through HMIS.
- Accompany clients on appointments as needed.
- Complete new and lease renewal packets on a monthly basis
- Assists with the monitoring of monthly rent payments,
delinquent accounts and appropriate follow ups under the direction
of the Service Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned.EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL
REQUIREMENTS: - Bachelor degree required. Two years of related
and/or applicable experience working with children and families.
Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable. Ability to work evenings
and occasional weekends. Excellent and demonstrated writing ability
with strong spelling, grammatical and punctuation skills, and
strong oral communication skills. Advanced knowledge of MS Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and database management skills. -Must have own
transportation and valid driver license.AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE
EXPECTATIONS:Westhab -is a -prominent -community -development
-organization, providing housing and supportive services for more
than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our -community -each
year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working
professionals that are fully committed to our mission - -Building
Communities. Changing Lives. -Working at -Westhab -is not easy. Our
expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and
the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our
very best every day. We are a results-driven organization that
focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this
opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the
challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of
team. (EOE)OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION (OSHA):The
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) ensures safe
and healthful working conditions to workers by setting and
enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education
and assistance. - Westhab complies with all applicable -OSHA
-standards, rules and regulations in addition to keeping our
workplaces free of serious recognized hazards.Powered by
Keywords: Westhab, Inc., Yonkers , Case Manager /First Steps Program, Yonkers,NY, Executive , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...