Assistant Branch Manager
Company: New York Community Bancorp, Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
$1,000 Sign-On Award eligible to qualified EXTERNAL candidates
who have been presented with an offer of employment. Active NYCB
employees are not eligible for this payment. Sign-On Award is
payable following the completion of 6 months of employment with
NYCB. Monetary awards of this nature are treated as supplemental
income and taxed accordingly.
Supervises all daily Branch operations. Responsible for
administration of all Branch procedures in accordance with the
guidelines and objectives set by the Bank. Implements sales
practices for the purpose of increased internal sales and excellent
service quality, promotes cross-selling and referrals by entire
staff. Manages Branch staff by way of staff development, coaching,
disciplinary and promotional actions, and annual evaluations. In
the absence of the Branch Manager, assumes full control and
responsibility for entire Branch operations.
Salary Range: $19.28/hr - $33.58/hr
- Oversees all Branch operations and ensures the Branch is
operating in compliance with federal and state baking requirements,
and all organizational policy and procedures.
- Responsible to oversee the daily activities of all employees
(BOCs and FSAs) assigned to the Branch.
- Delegates daily work, addresses disciplinary matters and policy
violations, conducts training for Branch personnel, and resolves
employee grievances or conflicts.
- Prepares and delivers disciplinary warnings, and performance
reviews (including annual evaluations).
- Works with the Branch Manager and the Regional Management Team
to identify employees for promotional opportunities.
- Works with the Branch Manager to create, implement, and present
staff development activities to enhance skills of Branch
- Creates weekly work schedules for Branch employees, and ensures
compliance with all timekeeping procedures.
- Initiates job requisitions with appropriate approval, sources,
interviews, and recommends individuals for hire, in accordance with
Bank guidelines. Sources and attends local job fairs in accordance
with Bank guidelines.
- Monitors daily Branch activity through different reports
available on the Bank's systems. Monitors and reviews the security
procedures and controls access to the vault. Performs Branch
security procedures at opening and closing.
- Supervises and/or performs Branch self-audits and reports,
including Monthly Report of Proof.
- Maintains branch appearance and manages branch records and
- Exercises discretion to authorize transactions, approve new
account openings wire transfers and fee refunds. Provides
supervisor overrides, approvals and other authorizations as
delegated per Bank policy.
- Implements, monitors, and motivates Branch staff with respect
to sales and service initiatives in order to generate new
relationships, deepen existing customer relationships and achieve
assigned production goals. May also be required to perform outside
business calls, and follow up on selected sales leads.
- Manages branch customer service levels to meet Bank-wide
expectations. Communicates with customers and resolves more complex
problems, issues and complaints.
- Conducts daily and weekly operations, sales and service
meetings and de-briefing sessions in accordance with Bank
MAY ALSO BE REQUIRED TO:
- Supervise entire process of currency and coin shipments. Review
and approve Currency Transaction Report(s).
- Supervise and handle adjustments, corrections, recoveries,
reports, general ledger entries, ATM/Visa maintenance and claims,
Deceased Depositor and Dormant accounts, forgery claims, overdraft
recovery, fee reversals, Federal Reserve adjustment requests, Wire
Transfers, stop payments, bank and certified checks, lost passbooks
and checkbooks, etc.
- Coordinate and represent the Bank in various civic, community
and CRA functions to further enhance its image and develop
additional business; participate in meetings held by Regional
Management, travel to seminars/workshops and to cover other
Branches when necessary based on business needs.
- Verify and authorize all types of interest calculations,
adjustments and early withdrawal penalties.
- Perform ATM settlements and handle ATM monitoring procedures to
resolve first line ATM issues.
- Monitor changes and corrections to customer information in
computer system and in the branch files.
- When staffing requires, assist customers with their banking
needs including the opening of accounts and cross selling of bank
products and services.
- Assign processing (under dual control) of mail items.
- Supervise and assist staff with the end of day procedures as
needed and ensure branch and staff are in proof.
- Performs special projects, and additional duties and
responsibilities, as needed.
- Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of
the job, employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley
compliance and adhere to internal control policies and
Keywords: New York Community Bancorp, Inc., Yonkers , Assistant Branch Manager, Executive , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...