Company: Centers Health Care
Location: New City
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Centers Laboratory is actively seeking an experienced
Phlebotomist to service Long Term care facilities in the Tri-State
Reports to: Phlebotomy Supervisor
Phlebotomists are professionals who specialize in drawing blood
from patients. Their responsibilities include interviewing and
preparing the patient for the blood draw. They are required to
follow strict precautionary safety procedures in order to limit the
risk of contact with potentially infectious blood and other bodily
Record keeping and labeling are also major duties of the
phlebotomist, to ensure that the right tests are performed on the
correct blood specimens.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately identify patients using a wristband, documents or
through known visual identification.
- Receives assignments, assembles supplies and equipment required
to perform specimen collection according to established standards,
policies, and procedures.
- Accurately identifies priorities such as Stat, timed, or
- Determine the right venipuncture method based on patient age,
- Reassure patients and help them relax.
- Find veins that are suitable for puncture.
- Draw blood using proper equipment and techniques.
- Keep all sharps, needles, and equipment out of reach of the
patient and properly dispose of these and all medical waste.
- Follow the proper test tube order of draw.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples for the test and
- Label test tubes correctly and send or deliver them for
- Does not attempt to draw any patient more than two times.
Request help if necessary.
- Answer patient questions and provide useful information
- Keep accurate patient records.
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while
- Monitor the patient for reactions; monitor equipment
- Educate patient on immediate after care
- Maintain a clean and sanitary space.
- If trained on specimen storage and centrifugation, use all
- Ensure patient confidentiality.
- Attends all required company meetings and training
- High school degree or equivalent
- Phlebotomy Technician certificate preferred
- Without certificate must have completed a hospital or major lab
- Understanding of standard blood drawing practices and
- 2 years proven experience as a phlebotomist
- Good interpersonal skills and communication
- Able and flexible to work nights, evening hours, weekends,
holidays, and extended shifts
- Strict adherence to safety regulations, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Knowledge of aseptic and sterilization techniques
- Valid State-issued driver's license with a good driving
- Must have adequate automobile insurance.
- Must have a vehicle in good driving condition.
- Able to stand on feet, bend, and move through shift
Centers Health Care is a fully integrated post-acute care continuum
offering rehabilitation and skilled nursing services in more than
45 locations covering four states. In addition, we provide special
services including in-center and home dialysis, ventilator care,
and care for those with Alzheimer's. The Centers Health Care family
offers Skilled Nursing, Urgent Care, Managed Care, Renal Dialysis
Services, Clinical Laboratory Services, Adult Day Health Care, and
Assisted Living services, as well as every level of Home Care.
Centers is well known for our commitment to our employees, offering
outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement
opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation
packages and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/D/V
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Centers Health Care, Yonkers , Phlebotomist, Healthcare , New City, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!