Generic Pharmaceuticals - Quality Control Chemist
Company: Chartwell Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: February 24, 2021
DEAR CANDIDATES, please respect our position, experience, and
location requirements before you apply to the position and we incur
the cost. We will only consider candidates that meet all of the
requirements, so please apply if you do. Thank you for your
interest and understanding.
About Chartwell PharmaceuticalsChartwell Pharmaceuticals, LLC is a
privately-held, US-based generic pharmaceutical manufacturer with
manufacturing in Congers (Rockland County), New York, R&D
Operations in Israel and API functions in Portugal. With over 150
ANDA listings in the FDA Orange Book, Chartwell is rapidly growing
and transforming our business as a Contract Development and
Manufacturing Organization to also include be a full-scale Generic
Pharmaceutical Manufacturer and Distributor serving the Retail,
State and Federal Government Markets under the "Chartwell Rx"
labels. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the
ground-floor with a fast-growing and dynamic generic pharmaceutical
The Pharmaceutical Chemist independently conducts routine
analytical testing to support multiple projects such as routine QC
release of finished drug products, intermediates and excipients;
stability programs; method development, validation/verification and
transfer of analytical methods; and preparing protocols, executing,
and documenting results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Read and interpret analytical methodology and the USP.
- Perform analytical testing of pharmaceutical products using
appropriate analytical methodology.
- Maintain accurate, detailed records of work performed using
available data collection media.
- Proficient at HPLC/GC analysis with minimum troubleshooting
- Ability to perform in-house calibration for lab instruments
such as HPLC, UPLC and GC preferred.
- Write laboratory reports and other interdepartmental
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Perform method validation for methods such as cleaning, assay,
dissolution, related compounds, or particle size as assigned.
- Assist in ensuring testing is in adherence to schedules through
team oriented process.
- Ability to train new hires.
- Follows Chartwell Pharmaceuticals' Safety, Health, and
Environmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as business needs
- Work with team to meet production, validation, stability and
- Pharmaceutical Drug Substance and Drug Products are accurately
analyzed following analytical methodology, and USP
- B.S. in Chemistry or related science with minimum five years of
related bench-top laboratory experience.
- Masters in Chemistry desirable.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge:
- Background in Analytical Chemistry with emphasis on routine
testing and method development and validation preferably in a
- Strong practical knowledge of Chromatography, Spectroscopy,
Particle Size Distribution and wet chemistry.
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical Laboratory in a Commercial firm
is a must.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail,
self-driven, and motivated.
- Excellent at handling multiple projects at one time, and
changing priorities based on business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a
- Perform routine analysis of raw materials and finished
- Able to work overtime, including weekends, when required.
- Able to safely handle chemical and hazardous materials and may
be required at times to wear Personal Protective Equipment.
PLEASE NOTE: ---
- This position is based in Congers, NY with candidates from the
New York Metropolitan area only.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Agency referrals are not accepted.
Keywords: Chartwell Pharmaceuticals, Yonkers , Generic Pharmaceuticals - Quality Control Chemist, Healthcare , Congers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!