Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - Electrician Technician
Company: Chartwell Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: January 16, 2022
PLEASE READ > > > > > > > > >
Dear Candidates, please respect our position, experience, and
location requirements before you apply to the position and we incur
the cost. We will only consider candidates that meet all the
requirements, so please apply if you do. Thank you for your
interest and understanding.===========
TITLE: Electrician/ Controls Technician -JOB SUMMARY:
The Electrician/ Controls Technician is to provide technical
support for the Facilities, Packaging, Manufacturing equipment used
in the production of Pharmaceutical products (capsules, -tablets
This position will maintain the Production and Facilities
equipment, as well as support projects as needed.
- troubleshoot and repair Plant equipment. in a timely, safe and
- maintain equipment maintenance logs and documentation in
accordance with current SOP's -and cGMP guidelines.
- complete Work Orders to include Preventative Maintenance (PM)
- Support projects and new equipment installs, including power
drops and wiring of equipment.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area at all times.
- Reading and interpreting electrical schematics.
- PLC programing and troubleshooting of control systems.
- Understands and follows written and verbal work
- Training and coaching other mechanics where possible
- Support by assisting with coordinating outside vendor
activities for the manufacturing and facility equipment.
- Trouble shooting a control systems.
- Issue e-mail or memo to advise supervision of planned
- Assist in CGMP investigations and Notice of events. -ESSENTIAL
- -Sustaining Compliance: - - - - - - -FDA -cGMP (Quality
Systems) w/ Inspection Readiness - - - - - - -OSHA-(Safety) monthly
inspections, proactive remediation. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -EPA (
Environmental) compliance - - - - - - -Continuous Improvement - - -
- - - -Downtime reduction - - - - - - -Equipment breakdown will
require written work orders. - - - - - - -Business Continuity /
Disaster Recovery programs
- LEADERSHIP: -discuss progress on assigned work activities as
well as identify key issues or changes in priority.
- Works independently with minimal supervision in team
- Obtain technical support from OEMs via phone to review /discuss
and resolve technical issues without incurring the travel costs and
expenses associated with having OEM serviceman visit to site when
- STAFF DEVELOPMENT: (training) Maintains Training curricula and
continues to expand the skill-sets of the department members.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE/ RAPPORT & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Maintains positive rapport and working relationships with a
collaborative approach to assure information is exchanged freely
across departmental staff.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organizations policies, procedures and state, federal and local
- Responding to requests for maintenance on the packaging line
equipment in a timely manner.
- Trouble-shooting problems and recommending solutions or
improvements necessary to restore line operations.
- Duties also include installing, maintaining, repairing and
rebuilding the manufacturing equipment.
- Preventative maintenance, inspecting for proper operation and
- Provide clear legible documentation identifying problem and its
- Coordinates troubleshooting activities on PLC/PC control
systems with phone support from OEM Service Depts.
- Develop and provide technical training on
packaging/manufacturing equipment to ensure Operating Personnel are
familiar with new equipment/control systems.
- Coordinate installation/ start up activities and assure
performance criteria of new equipment and machine parts are
- Integrate changes in technology/upgrade existing packaging
/manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Determine/recommend required spare parts and identify best
source of supply
- Attend and conduct Factory Acceptance Tests (F.A.T.) of new
equipment at Vendors factory.
- Assists and monitors outside contractors working on company
premises on projects requiring additional resources and
- Sources and picks up ordered parts or supplies and restocks
parts or supplies.
- Complies with all equipment, safety and OSHA rules and
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Files manuals and literature.
- Assists in training and coaching of other mechanics/
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and
progress as related to work assignments.
- Prioritizes work assignments.
- Strictly adhere to all GMPs and SOPs
- Perform other duties as may be required in meeting company
PHYSICAL WORK ACTIVITIES AND EXPOSURE (IF REQUIRED):
- Standing/sitting/walking up to 8 hours.
- This position is subject to extended periods of sitting,
standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending and crouching,
climbing and walking, vision to monitor occasional, lifting /moving
of equipment or materials weighing up to 60 pounds & work at
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- High School diploma in addition to vocational school or
- Minimum of 5 or more years of experience in Pharmaceutical or
Consumer Products Manufacturing environment. This position requires
the incumbent to have Strong electrical background and the ability
to assess problem areas and make necessary repairs without
- Require a thorough working knowledge of electrical measurement
instruments, basic hand and power tools.
- Must have good problem solving skills and be able to work
- Must have a technical/mechanical background for: Mechanical
repair, working knowledge of electrical systems and problem solving
skills along with reading comprehension skills required.
- Candidate must be proficient operating Windows based computer
systems and software such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power
- Must have Effective Interpersonal Skills and the ability to
obtain cooperation, support and cohesiveness on project/work
activities with staff personnel.
- Require Good Communication skills (both verbal and written),
team building skills .
- Must pass drug screen & criminal record check. -PLEASE NOTE:
- This position is based in Congers, NY and we only seek
candidates from the New York Metropolitan area.
- Candidates must meet all of the criteria in the qualification
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Agency referrals are not accepted.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be
construed to be a complete list of all the duties and
responsibilities performed by incumbents, nor does it constitute an
employment contract. -Duties, responsibilities, and expectations
may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at management's
discretion. -Further, the job description does not represent a
complete list of all the performance expectations and
characteristics required of individuals to perform a job
Keywords: Chartwell Pharmaceuticals, Yonkers , Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - Electrician Technician, Healthcare , Congers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!