Head, Clinical Operations Managers (remote)
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Englewood Cliffs
Posted on: May 11, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAre you looking for a patient-focused,
innovation-driven company to inspire you and empower you to shine?
Join us as a Head, Clinical Operations Managers in Cambridge, MA or
remotely reporting to the Head of Global Clinical Operations.At
Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our
R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To
do this, we empower our people to accomplish their potential
through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we
offer stimulating careers, and work toward excellence in everything
we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which
our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to provide
Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
world.Here, you will be an important contributor to our inspiring,
- Support clinical operations strategy, execution and management
of global clinical programs by overseeing professional development,
training, resourcing, and allocation of Clinical Operations
Managers (COMs) across studies.
- Manage direct line management of the COM Managers.
- Oversee COM allocation across portfolio to achieve GDO
- Oversee the execution of studies in a matrix management
structure to ensure compliance with quality standards (including
ICH GCP, local regulations and Takeda SOPs).ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide guidance of COM Managers in managing COMs, including
hiring/staff selection and assignment of individual studies,
resource allocation, onboarding, overall training, completion of
goals, development plans, performance reviews and Talent
- Oversee COM Managers and COMs according to needs of Clinical
Operations Program Leads to ensure execution of assigned
- Ensure appropriate training programs for COMs to bring
operational consistency and support to operational teams and create
a pipeline for COM talent.
- Ensure allocation of COMs across all Takeda clinical programs,
following Takeda's strategic goals and Clinical Development
- Ensure compliance of assigned staff to training of quality
standards (including Takeda SOPs, ICH GCP, and local regulations)
and inspection readiness in execution of Takeda studies and
- Mentor Clinical Operation Managers and new hires in navigating
career progression options within Takeda.
- Ensure employees follow corporate policies and following up
- Ensure compliance with pre-defined roles and responsibilities
within a matrix management structure
- Oversee Clinical Operations functional level resource
evaluations for study and program management (in collaboration with
therapeutic area leads, Clinical Operations Program Leads, and the
Head, Clinical Trial Associates) to ensure resources are available
for delivering clinical programs.
- Maintain a positive work environment, building partnerships and
modeling teamwork, communicating to the teams and partners in an
open, balanced and objective manner.
- Lead Clinical Operations projects (including lessons learned
process) to develop processes and technologies to improve
operations and reduce operating costs.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or international equivalent required.
- 15+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry or clinical
research organization, including 12+ years in clinical study
- 6+ years of line management experience including management of
senior staff with responsibility to therapeutic area development
teams (matrix organization) and management of staff across multiple
- Experience in people leadership, managing global teams and
coordinating collaboration with internal partners.
- Global/international experience required, including ability to
collaborate with team members in other locations.
- Operational experience in pharmaceutical drug development with
direct exposure to clinical development.TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires approximately 20% travel, including overnight and
international travel to other Takeda sites, strategic partners, and
therapeutic area required travel.WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days.
- Community Outreach Programs.Location and Salary Information:
- This job posting excludes CO applicants.Empowering Our People
to ShineDiscover more at takedajobs.comNo Phone Calls or Recruiters
Please.EEO StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to creating a
diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsMassachusetts - VirtualWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Yonkers , Head, Clinical Operations Managers (remote), Healthcare , Englewood Cliffs, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!