Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job Summary:Children's Day Treatment Programs serve emotionally
vulnerable youth ages 6-21, who are challenged by psychiatric and
trauma related issues. The Day Treatment Programs provide intensive
therapeutic and educational services within a school based special
education program. They work in partnership with youth and
families, to manage mental health symptoms and strengthen
interpersonal relationships, while helping them externally utilize
community support systems.Psychiatry staff work as part of the
multidisciplinary treatment team in collaboration with youth and
families to address issues related to psychiatric evaluations,
diagnosis, and treatment planning as it pertains to psychotropic
medication management.Essential Job Functions:
- Assume responsibility for psychiatric evaluations as needed for
children and youth within the Westchester Day Treatment
- Manage the safe and efficacious administration of
psychopharmacologic agents. This includes obtaining informed
consent whenever required, and managing psychotropic medication for
each child/ youth served.
- Work in consultation with the multidisciplinary treatment team,
providing input in developing evaluations, treatment planning, and
discharge related decisions.
- Providing emergency psychiatric services as needed.
- Collaborate and educate parents/ caregivers on psychotropic
- Provides staff educationRequired Certification/ Licensing:
- NYS- License to practice medicine.
- Eligible for board certification in psychiatry by the American
Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Board eligibility in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Keywords: JCCA, Yonkers , Psychiatrist, Healthcare , Pleasantville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!