Certified Nursing Assistant -Part Time Night Weekends
Company: Elizabeth Seton Children's
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Purpose of Your PositionServes as a clinical assistant to the
licensed nursing staff by performing nursing procedures, basic
patient care tasks and other unit activities under the supervision
of a licensed nursePosition Functions and Responsibilities
- Promotes Elizabeth Seton Childrens Mission and Core Values of
Respecting and Embracing Diversity, Excellence, Collaboration,
Innovation, Evolution, Growth and Change and Loving Relationships
by bringing these values to life in the organization.
- Report on and off duty to NCC
- Performs assigned duties under the direction of the NCC or her
designee (i.e. the nurse in charge).
- Takes report and makes rounds on assigned residents.
- Prepare and transport residents to therapy in a timely
- Is responsible for the care and safety of assigned resident
until relieved by on coming caregiver.
- Participate in the implementation of the treatment plan
including rehabilitation and continuous learning for the residents
within the CNA scope under the direction of the RN or LPN.
- Provide or assist residents with activities of daily
- Performs therapeutic procedures for children such as bathing,
grooming, playing, feeding, positioning as per policy and
- Document appropriately on all flow sheets.
- Assist RN and LPN as necessary in the performance of nursing
- Observe, report and record abnormal vital signs, temperatures,
seizures activity, vomiting, diarrhea, behavior changes or any
other abnormalities to the RN or LPN in charge.
- Attend appropriate meetings and in-services
- Functions as an adult role model for residents.
- Performs all assigned duties in accordance with the Center for
Pediatrics and Rehabilitations policy and procedures
- Bath residents according to the Center for Pediatrics and
Rehabilitation policy and Procedure.
- Inspect residents skin and promptly report any changes to the
- Carries out mouth care, hair care and as necessary trim finger
and toe nails.
- Make two hourly checks on incontinent residents and wash and
change as necessary.
- Encourages self-help measures as appropriate so that each child
may reach his/her appropriate level of independence.
- Check and record urine and bowel movements.
- Ensure that assigned residents are appropriately prepared for
school, clinic, recreation and hospital visits as scheduled and
accompany/transport them as assigned.
- Ensure that bedfast residents are repositioned as directed by
NCC but not less than two repositions per resident hourly.
- Performs restorative and rehabilitative activities as
instructed and as directed by Plan of Care.
- Assists in applying safety restraints to residents when
directed; Monitors residents in restraints, release restraints and
documents according to policy and procedure
- Ensures that each resident who can use a call bell has one
within reach and remind him/her to use it.
- Assists co-workers with lifting, positioning and other
procedures as necessary.
- Be aware of facility policy on child abuse and/or neglect and
promptly report any instances of abusive or inappropriate behaviors
towards any resident to the NCC.
- Knows and follows The Center policy and procedure with regard
to infection control including hand washing and types of
- Keep resident care area clean and free of clutter.
- Report any unsafe conditions immediately to NCC.
- Properly stores and safeguard residents clothing and reports
too many or too few clothing and or toys to NCC.
- Feeds residents or teaches residents to feed themselves as
- Ensure that hands are washed (child and caregivers) and that
meal times are pleasant, dignified experiencesEducation
- High School Diploma
- Successful completion of NYS approved Nurse Assistant
Certification (RHCF) courseExperience:
- Experience working with children.
- One year of experience as Nurses Aide preferredJob ID:
2021-1526 External Company Name: Elizabeth Seton Childrens External
Company URL: https://setonchildrens.org/ Street: 300 Corporate
Boulevard South Shift: Night
Keywords: Elizabeth Seton Children's, Yonkers , Certified Nursing Assistant -Part Time Night Weekends, Healthcare , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!