Company: Northwell Health
Location: Briarcliff Manor
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Req Number 63700Job DescriptionJob DescriptionProvides
individual, and/or group work services to patients and/or their
families in various health care settings. Utilizes psychosocial
assessment skills to deliver social work services.Job
- Provides culturally competent direct service to patients and
their families using a variety of social work modalities in order
to help individuals maximize their functioning.
- Utilizes high risk criteria and/or consultation referrals to
identify patients in need of or who could benefit from social work
assessment and intervention. Advocates on behalf of the individual
to ensure maximum access to health care, assesses barriers and
- Provides interdisciplinary team with assessment findings and
suggests potential impact on overall care of patient.
- Provides psycho education, counseling, and crisis intervention
to patients and their families.
- Formulates and implements treatment and discharge plans that
are safe and timely and in line with the expectations of the site
and promote patient choice. Initiates communication with post-acute
providers and payers as needed.
- Incorporates knowledge of community resource sand entitlement
programs in all planning.
- Maintains appropriate professional patient care documentation
as defined by site policies and procedures.
- Represents department and profession is various hospital/site
based committees and work groups.
- May assign and monitor undergraduate and graduate level Social
Work students; assigns cases to students and monitors work through
weekly supervisory meetings; writes all required evaluations of
student's field placement performance.
- Consults with program management regarding student's training
program, progress, development, and placement experience; meets
with student's faculty advisor at prescribed intervals.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.Job Qualification
- Master of Social Work required.
- Current License to practice as a Master Social Worker, or
Current License to practice as a Clinical Social Worker in New York
State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.It is Northwell
Healths policy to provide equal employment opportunity and treat
all applicants and employees equally regardless of their age, race,
creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or
citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status,
sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability,
pregnancy, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier
status, marital or familial status, partnership status, victim of
domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions,
or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Northwell Health, Yonkers , Social Worker, Healthcare , Briarcliff Manor, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!