Company: Richmond Community Services
Posted on: January 21, 2023
NEW!! INCREASED PAY RATES PLUS $2500 SIGN-ON/REFERRAL
BONUS!!Richmond Community Services, a leading nonprofit support
service for individuals with intellectual, developmental, and
behavioral disabilities, is currently seeking Registered Nurses to
support our individuals in our Yonkers ICF JOB SUMMARY: Under the
clinical supervision and direction of the Director of Nursing, is
responsible for rendering direct nursing care to the residents.
Participates in Interdisciplinary Treatment Team (ITT) meetings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Renders direct Nursing Care by examining individuals'
conditions. This requires the ability to bend, stoop, kneel and
crouch to floor level while independently lifting and
re-positioning individuals weighing up to20 (twenty) pounds.
- Observes and evaluates by seeing, hearing, and using hands and
fingers to assess individuals' conditions in accordance with
Standard Nursing practices. 3 . Diagnoses and treats individuals'
responses to actual or potential health problems in a manner
consistent with any existing medical regimen. Accurately documents
assessments, interventions, and outcomes of treatment.
- Observes delivery of care rendered by Licensed Practical Nurses
(LPNs) and direct care staff and provides direction to ensure that
safety and quality of care standards are maintained. Reports any
problems to the appropriate Team Manager/Supervisor.
- Participates in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of
the plan of care for each individual assigned to his/her team and
actively participates in quarterly and annual reviews on assigned
- Makes rounds by walking with the physician and assists him/her
in the assessment of individuals.
- Accurately transcribes and follows through on physician orders.
This requires visual and auditory acuity as well as manual
dexterity to use a touch-tone telephone.
- Prepares, administers, and records medications and treatments
to those individuals assigned to him/her in accordance with
standard nursing practices.
- Communicate verbally and/or in writing all significant changes
in an individual's status in a timely manner to the appropriate
Team Manager. This requires the ability to communicate verbally and
in writing using the English language.
- Ensures adequate supplies, medicine, and equipment on the unit,
as well as informs the NSC of the need for repair of medical
equipment, and completes Maintenance Request Form for the repair of
faulty Richmond equipment.
- Administers and keeps accurate count and control of all
controlled drugs according to the instructions of the Bureau of
Narcotics and State Bureau of Hospital Services.
- Visually checks emergency equipment and documentation to ensure
ready condition at the beginning and end of his/her tour of duty.
Communicates significant information to relief nurses at the change
of shift and/or break times. 1 3. Responsible for accurate
documentation of all relevant information pertaining to the
individual (ie., nursing notes, monthly summaries, etc.). This may
require the use of hands and fingers to perform computer data
- Prepares and submits quarterly and annual reports for each
individual assigned to him/her, as scheduled, to the Team
- Responsible for knowing the individual program plan (IPP) for
the individuals on her/his team and ensuring proper
- Participates at interdisciplinary treatment team (ITT) meetings
as Team Member and advocates for her/his team in accordance with
standard Nursing Practices.
- Assumes the charge of resident units and supervisory functions
in absence of the Nursing Supervisor.
- Removes individuals from environmental hazards and submits
verbal and/or written reports of hazardous conditions to the
Maintenance Department. This may require the ability to
independently lift and carry an individual weighing up to 20
(twenty) lbs or pushing a wheelchair up to 140 lbs to an area away
from the hazard.
- Assists in the training of other nurses as assigned by the
Director of Nursing. This includes demonstrating and observing
proper methods/procedures and providing coaching and support.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Graduate of an Accredited Professional
School of Nursing. Experience: One to two years of experience
working with a developmentally disabled population is preferred.
Other: Current New York State Registered Nurse license. Must be
able to communicate in writing and orally using the English
language. Salary: based on experience $42 - $45.92/hourRichmond
Community Services requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. Accommodations will be granted only in circumstances
where they do not cause Richmond Community Services undue hardship
or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of
Keywords: Richmond Community Services, Yonkers , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!