Health Homes Care Manager -Hawthorne
Company: Cornerstone Family Healthcare
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description:HVCS a Division of Cornerstone Family Healthcare is
actively recruiting for a Health Homes Care Manager to join our
growing Health Homes team, based out of Hawthorne, N.Y.RATE OF
PAY/SALARY: $25.00 per hourWORK LOCATION(S): Hawthorne, NYJOB
- Under the supervision of a Program Supervisor or Senior Program
Supervisor, the Health Home (HH) Care Manager is responsible for
providing the core components of care coordination to low,
intermediate and high need individuals with chronic illnesses
including mental health conditions and HIV. Care Managers will have
a dedicated caseload of clients and the caseload will vary
depending on intensity of client need. Care Managers will be
assigned a county office as their primary office location.
- Engages and assesses HH clients with the goal of coordinating
care, and utilizing a shared care plan in which the client's needs
are accurately expressed.
- Completes documentation in a clear and comprehensive manner
which is in compliance with DOH, Health Home and Agency standards
and requirements for quality care and billing.
- Coordinates with pertinent service providers to ensure that all
clients' needs are being addressed.
- Provides proactive care management, evidenced through provision
of core services and development of a care plan which leads toward
client centered outcomes.
- Utilizes electronic health records to effectively coordinate
care for the client.
- Engage new HH clients into service and maintain engagement in
- Conduct intake and comprehensive health
assessments/reassessments, identifying mental health, chemical
dependency and social service needs.
- Develop comprehensive, measurable, goal-oriented care plans in
collaboration with interdisciplinary team of external providers.
The care plans must clearly identify and integrate the entire
continuum of care, addressing all needs identified by the
- Advocate and assist clients in obtaining and maintaining
entitlements and housing.
- Assist and support clients in treatment adherence
recommendations, including prevention, wellness, recovery, and care
- Refer and follow-up on referrals for clients to ensure medical
- Closely coordinate all hospital discharges with hospital or
acute care settings to ensure thorough implementation of the
discharge plan, and follow-up on recommendations from the ER,
hospital or acute care facility.
- Assist clients and their families in resolving barriers to
obtaining medical services.
- Escort clients to appointments when necessary to increase
- Conduct home and field visits.
- Maintain on-going contact with interdisciplinary team of
medical providers, acting as team leader for the client's care
- Provide crisis intervention when required.
- Meet and maintain program productivity standards.
- Maintain Electronic Health Record and all required electronic
- Track and maintain a system of patient medical appointments,
labs and other critical time-sensitive activities required to
maintain the client's health.
- Complete all program standards documentation as required.
- Participate in supervision and program review each week.
- Attend and participate in monthly department, All Staff and
other required meetings.
- Be familiar with Cornerstone policies and procedures and the
- Maintain confidentiality of all aspects of Cornerstone
including, but not limited to, patient confidentiality, financials,
and employee relations.
- Perform other related duties as assignedRequirements:
- Degree in Social Work or related degree with some
experience/knowledge in one of the following areas: case
management, chemical dependency, mental health, and/or human
- LPN with 1 year of experience providing case management or
medical coordination among multiple providers
- Computer experience must include Microsoft Word and Excel.
Experience with Electronic Health Records (EHR) data entry is a
plus. Access to a car and valid driver's license are also required.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Travel /Time Requirement: Must have a valid, unrestricted
driver's license and independent means of transportation for
frequent travel to locations throughout the assigned county as well
as to the offices of Cornerstone.CORNERSTONE BENEFITS:Competitive
salaries I Health Benefits I Retirement plan I Paid Time Off I Sick
Time I Flexible Spending I Dependent Care I Paid
HolidaysCORNERSTONE'S MISSION:Cornerstone Family Healthcare is a
non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center with a mission to
provide high quality, comprehensive, primary and preventative
health care services in an environment of caring, dignity and
respect to all people regardless of their ability to pay. For more
than fifty years, Cornerstone has been responsive to meeting the
needs of the communities in which we serve with a continued
emphasis on the underserved and those without access to health care
regardless of race, economic status, age, sex, sexual orientation
Keywords: Cornerstone Family Healthcare, Yonkers , Health Homes Care Manager -Hawthorne, Healthcare , Hawthorne, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...