Market Leader - Long Island
Posted on: September 17, 2022
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a
reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving
back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's.
The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
With endless opportunities, you can begin anywhere and go
everywhere at Macy's. Join a team of colleagues who are committed
to excellence and leadership development. We want talent like you.
Overview: As a Market Leader, you will work closely with the
Division VP to inspire a service culture that supports our MyMacy's
Initiatives, Omni Channel Strategies, and customer experience for a
specific group of stores (market). You will lead your store
managers and collaborate with regional and support teams to drive
sales and profit, create a high performing, engaged organization
and ensure superb execution of merchandising priorities,
friction-free customer experience, selling capabilities and
customer loyalty. This position is a developmental, time-bound role
leading to Division Vice President placement, and involves being
mobile to opportunities nationwide. Perform other duties as
assigned. Essential Functions:
- Lead Store Managers in talent acquisition, talent development,
succession planning, and performance management.
- Lead Store Managers to attain sales and profitability goals
through effective use of short and long-range planning, expense
management and inventory shortage control.
- Develop My Macy's, Omni Channel and personalized selling
culture for the market.
- Create a positive, friendly interaction through the combination
of technology and a human touch. Demonstrate top notch digital and
- Celebrate success at every opportunity by offering continuous
feedback to teams and peers.
- Mentor Store Managers to leverage technology to optimize
inventories across all channels and provide a relevant, seamless
and fun one to one customer experience.
- Develop strategy for events and ensure adherence to regional
- Maximize sales and gross margin productivity per square
- Build a sense of community through events, entertainment and
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 7-10 years of related experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one
and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal
and external business partners.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve
- Advanced MS application proficiency, especially Excel,
PowerPoint, Project, and SharePoint.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Some travel is required, up to 50%. Candidates in Colorado:
Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits.
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range Candidates in
Nevada: Click here for Pay Range STORES00
Keywords: Macy's, Yonkers , Market Leader - Long Island, Hospitality & Tourism , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!