Store Team Leader - Retail Customer Experience
Company: L. L. Bean, Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2022
We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated
to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us.
Because on the inside were all outsiders. And if its outside, were
all in. L.L.Bean is currently searching for a Retail Customer
Experience Store Team Leader to join our team in our Westchester's
Ridge Hill Retail Store, located in Yonkers, NY.Drives business
results, directs team talent, supports store leadership team and
ensures delivery of the legendary L.L.Bean customer experience
within an outdoor lifestyle concept retail store. Promotes the
company's core values of Outdoor Heritage, Integrity, Service,
Respect, Perseverance and Safe and Healthy Living to ensure the
integrity of the brand, culture and mission of L.L.Bean is upheld
at all times. Responsibilities:Customer Experience
- This is a support role under the People area of responsibility
- Develops and delivers exciting and engaging-store activations,
clinics and demonstrations with an emphasis on Learn, Try, Buy and
- Drive ODP participation for paid programming, unpaid
programming / in-store activations, community engagement events and
any mobile or experiential marketing events in market through
creative outreach and local marketing events.
- Markets in-store / in-mall activations through ODP in store and
online calendar, store's Facebook page, and chalkboards.
- May assist in the interviewing process and provide input into
- Act as training lead for store when assigned.
- Models and fosters an environment where service is the top
priority. Enthusiastically seeks opportunities to convert every
customer that enters the store continually striving to drive sales
and brand loyalty through great service. Rallies the rep team
towards the same objectives.
- Acts as a Leader on Duty as scheduled to drive conversion and
- Leverages business reports including Qualtrics, variance
reporting, and merch group sales to analyze trends, understand wins
and identify opportunities. Builds compelling actions to enhance
customer loyalty and improve service metrics through introspective
business analysis and strong acumen skills.
- Executes and implements all recognition programs including
living the legend efforts, in store contests, etc.
- Reviews all forward-looking business events (holidays,
promotional weekends, market trends).
- Develops meaningful activations and selling efforts to drive
even greater sales results.
- Ensures that the sales floor is full, and all sizes are
represented by performing regular size audits.
- Ensures the highest level of fitting room service is occurring
driving conversion and UPT.Training
- Supports and trains associates, communicating standards and
processes, company policies and procedures
- Has a passion for learning and sharing product knowledge as a
tool to build the sale and increase customer loyalty.
- Delivers GUIDE training for new hires as well as ongoing GUIDE
training efforts for year-round team members in conjunction with
the exempt leader team. Ensures all guides are performing at a high
level and 30-day/ongoing assessments are completed.
- Supports, directs, and develops store champions (buddies) and
- Facilitates all new hire product training modules for store or
area of responsibility and develops a strategy and execution plan
for delivering all seasonal product training materials.
- Maintains and manages all employee facing communication
including break room messaging, and communication boards. Ensures
start up meeting are occurring, and that content is compelling and
inspiring.Total Store Accountability
- Aids in the achievement of all financial measures as well as
area specific metrics.
- Key holder as required serving as a potential opener/closer for
- Prepares & communicates daily task responsibilities to staff.
Leverages knowledge and strengths to foster growth and development
of the team
- Recommends adjustment to staffing levels/schedules to meet work
- Address and respond to employee issues/conflicts related to day
to day operations within defined parameters in accordance with
company policies and procedures under direction of supervisor.
- Provides in the moment input, feedback, and coaching. If
performance concerns exist, hands off to store management for
performance management process
- Contributes to Peak planning preparation and readiness.
- Leverages knowledge and strengths to foster growth and
development of the team.
- Expense management ownership ensuring proper use of resources
and adherence to budgetary guidelines with a focus on payroll
- Is an active participant in health and safety by following all
safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or
at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe
- As assigned:
- Maintains the cash office per policy ensuring proper
signatures, accurate reconciliation, and general organization is
- Ensure the service hub is fully stocked, free of clutter, and
- Accountable for cashier execution and efficiency with a focus
on service delivery.Based on volume level of the store the
supervisor will have a specialty in one of the 4 below categories:
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for
contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are
expected to be active participants in health and safety by
following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe
conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work
in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to
model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are
reduced to acceptable levels.Education Level: 2-Year Associates
DegreeYears of Experience: 2+Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate degree or equivalent with at least 2 plus years of
retail experience in relevant retailer
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Systems knowledge (POS, Word, Excel) and comfort with social
- Capability to build strong partnerships and to work
collaboratively to achieve goals
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm and a positive
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends
- Mobility and desire to relocate a plus If you care about the
outdoors, joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what
you do. Our benefits package makes a good thing even better, with
programs and perks designed to support your health and financial
goals. Plus, maintaining a healthy work-life balance and
re-charging outside are all part of the plan. Because, when it
comes to the outsidewere all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn
more. Being outside brings out the best in us, no matter where we
come from or what we believe. At L.L.Bean, we value individual
differences and encourage our co-workers to be themselves because
the uniqueness of each individual makes L.L.Bean better.
Keywords: L. L. Bean, Inc., Yonkers , Store Team Leader - Retail Customer Experience, Hospitality & Tourism , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!