Company: Pace University
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Payroll Analyst will report to the Payroll Director and is
responsible for timely processing of a semi-monthly and monthly
payroll. The Payroll analyst will be skilled at efficiently
auditing time collection and HR/Payroll data to ensure accurate
payroll processing. Included in the Analysts duties are: reviewing,
analyzing, and processing all types of garnishment orders and
federal, state and local tax set up; managing 3rd party payroll
integrations sent for retirement, tax, garnishment and wage payment
services; auditing payroll reports for accuracy; and preparing
This role will also require preparing reports for quarter and
yearend tax processing, payroll and financial reporting for
management and other departments within the University, and will be
required to review and maintain Payroll SOP documentation to ensure
processing procedures are updated and clearly define the functional
responsibilities of the payroll department. The Payroll Analyst
will maintain expert knowledge of the timekeeping system and
continually develop proactive audits to ensure employees and
managers are managing time accurately. The Analyst will maintain
effective working relationships across the organization and foster
collaboration while ensuring timely and exceptional customer
service when responding to a high volume of Payroll Help Desk
- Process the semi-monthly and monthly payrolls timely and
- Manage a high-volume Help Desk system.
- Administer the Pace time collection system.
- Work with internal/external auditors, providing necessary
reports and resolving inquiries as needed.
- Assist with maintaining and updating Payroll Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP) documentation annually.
- Maintain good working knowledge of payroll policies and
- Coordinate and assist with the implementation of new pay
policies and systems.
- Provide Payroll Metrics and Reporting for use in business
planning, analysis, and forecasting.
- Assist with projects as required.
- Bachelor's in Accounting or related field preferred
- FPC or CPP preferred
- Ability to design and implement business process
- Strong communication skills and customer-centric approach
toward customer service
- Analytical ability to focus on the "bigger picture" while
drilling down into the detail, understanding the overall
- Agile and adaptable to regularly shifting priorities.
- A minimum of five years of payroll processing and time system
administration experience in a mid-large organization (5,000+
payroll). Banner Payroll/HRIS and Kronos experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the
ability to forge a productive relationship with employees and
- Strong listening skills and ability to understand employee
needs and translate those needs into deliverables.
- Experience handling confidential issues in a professional and
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, strong focus,
and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, self-motivated
environment with minimal supervision.
Work Hours9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday- Friday and additional time as
required by duties of this position.
Minimum Annual Salary Or Hourly Wage
Maximum Annual Salary Or Hourly Wage
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number S01217P
Job Open Date 05/04/2022
Job Close Date 06/04/2022
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicant
About the InstitutionRanked in the top 9% of private US colleges
that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University
transforms the lives of its diverse students-academically,
professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University
enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor's,
master's, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the
forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of
strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising,
Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its
AA/EEO StatementPace University is an Equal Opportunity,
Affirmative Action employer.
Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and
people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report NoticePace is committed to ensuring the
safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to
the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of
Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the
University's Safety and Security department publishes an Annual
Security and Fire Safety Report, which can be accessed here. The
report contains information on security policies as well as crime
and fire statistics for the University.
Keywords: Pace University, Yonkers , Payroll Analyst, Human Resources , Valhalla, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!