Senior Manager, Software Development
Company: Loves Furniture
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Position: Senior Manager, Software Development Location:
Job Id: 2020-08-001 # of Openings: 1 Summary The Senior Manager,
Software Development will manage a talented software development
team that collaborates closely with other Engineers, application
specialists, product marketing, operations, quality and regulatory
to deliver software products. You will provide technical
leadership, vision, direction, and mentoring for multiple software
engineering teams and must bring strong thought leadership around
software architecture, design and strategy while seeking out
opportunities for simplification, and capability enablement.
Additionally, the individual will work with product management to
define the product and feature roadmaps and will have the
responsibility for large software development programs. The ideal
candidate will use deep software engineering and development
knowledge, as well as strong team building and collaborative skills
to manage software resources and deliver PENTAX Medical enterprise
level software products to the market. Responsibilities
- Meets business needs by managing the activities of development
teams and consistently delivering quality solutions on time, within
budget, and scope
- Recruit and develop a leading-edge software engineering
- Provides enterprise architecture direction and guidance;
ensures alignment with best of breed technologies and Medical
Device Software Development practices; Drives consistency and
quality of the Architecture artifacts (business process
architecture, data architecture, etc.)
- Leads team to generate a vision, to establish direction and
motivate members, as well as create an atmosphere of trust,
leverage diverse views, coach staff, to encourage improvement and
- Actively drives the development lifecycle from requirements
analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code, documentation,
testing, implementation, and defect support
- Developing project plans, resource planning, scheduling and
managing development timelines
- Building and managing multi-disciplined software teams and
overseeing the development processes using industry best
- Responsible for implementing design reviews and code reviews,
motivating and mentoring the software development team
- Participate in technical architecture decisions and lead
efforts to build and maintain a scalable software platform;
actively manages technical expertise and skill sets. Willing to
step in and perform tasks as necessary.
- Support change management process to manage software releases,
application patching and changes to production configurations
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure
environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in
early project stages to avoid cost/time expenses
- Oversight and management of department expenses and budget
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science
or related fields; deep knowledge of basic computer science areas.
- 12+ years of software development experience; including
architecture, design and coding of large, complex mission critical
software. Deep knowledge-of and experience-with coding
multi-processor and multi-threaded algorithms.
- 6+ years as manager with direct reports; demonstrated
experience developing/mentoring team and managing senior engineers.
Experience solving people and organizational problems.
- Proven leadership skills managing multiple development teams
and leading software development teams to design, develop and
deliver software that has brought significant revenue.
- Strong people management skills and communication skills.
Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability
through development and delivery teams.
- Demonstrated responsiveness to business requirements; able to
strategically and tactically adjust to shifting business
- Significant experience working with and knowledge of database
application products deployed in the cloud, system design for
scalability and reliability, and continuous integration
methodologies. Knowledge of real-time embedded systems. Experience
developing in .NET framework
- Hands-on Experience with FDA regulated (62304) Software
Development. Familiarity with IEC 62366 and ISO 14971 as it relates
to software products. Familiarity with regulations related to Cyber
Security and data privacy.
- A commitment to quality through the ability to translate
complex technical requirements into functional software using best
practices. Commitment to use of efficient document practices (such
as marketing requirements, software requirements specifications,
software architectures and design documents).
- Experience in application architecture and making rational buy
vs. build and interface decisions
- Practical programming experience developing software for a
commercial product, ideally involving significant capital and
medical equipment. Experience working on 2-3 large medical software
applications that are in commercial use.--
- Proven experience delivering 1-2 large-scale applications that
met scope, budget, quality and schedule expectations.
- Track record with multiple deployment platforms.
- Hands-on experience developing database applications (knowledge
of one or more real-time OS strongly preferred) Preferred
- Understanding of medical device industry, clinical anatomy, and
competitor products. Knowledge of other related disciplines
including cross functional fields and market competition.
- Strong working knowledge of integrating software and
- Communicating with physical devices over low-level data links
(e.g. SPI, I2C, serial/UART)
- Debugging hardware/software challenges using standard tools and
- Design and architecture of device drivers
- Knowledge of ISO 60601, 14971 and TIR45. Well-versed in
R&D, product development, and clinical/regulatory process.
- Must have experience in developing strategies and roadmaps with
IT architecture focus (e.g. technology blueprints, business process
harmonization blueprints, systems integration maps, etc.)
- Must be adept at handling complexity and ambiguity
- Must be skilled in building strong cross-functional
- Experience with leading multi-company teams and global efforts
- Demonstrated ability for a rapid understanding of business
processes, and their technology implications
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate business
requirements, direction, and initiatives from an enterprise-level
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technology topics in
- Proven ability to manage team within a matrixed structure. Must
have the ability to influence without direct authority
- Searching and analyzing large and complex data sets, conducting
quantitative and qualitative analyses It is the ongoing policy and
practice of PENTAX Medical to provide equal opportunity in
employment to all employees and applicants. No person shall be
discriminated against in any condition of employment because of age
40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic
information, military or veteran status, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status
protected by state or local law.
Keywords: Loves Furniture, Yonkers , Senior Manager, Software Development, IT / Software / Systems , Montvale, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!