Linux System Administrator - Located in Blooming Grove, NY
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Located in Blooming Grove, NY
- Creation/Deployment of VMs using VMWare, building and
integrating systems based of business requirements, and working
with different teams to validate interfaces.
- Maintenance and monitoring of development & testing equipment
running Red Hat Linux. Troubleshooting with development teams,
making OS changes, testing changes and documenting changes for hand
off to production teams.
- Responsible for changes, validation and deployment of
functionality of enterprise level DNS/DHCP infrastructure Build and
modify Ansible jobs to provision new RHEL systems via Satellite;
setup other OS automations to streamline repetitive administration
via Ansible Tower/Satellite 6 system.
- Keep abreast of latest changes, vulnerabilities and feature
availability for Red Hat Linux, Red Hat Directory Services,
Ansible, GlusterFS, Splunk, vCenter, NGNIX.
- Perform hardware and software installations, upgrades, and
troubleshooting of OS, provisioning, email and web-based
- Perform resource monitoring, performance tuning and scaling of
infrastructure as needed on RHEL systems.
- Customize scripts to kickstart RHEL systems; setup Ansible
automations to streamline repetitive administration.
- Maintain and apply changes necessary on 2-factor authentication
platform and apply understanding of SSSD and DUO-SAML.
- Work closely with application support & security teams to
maintain up-to-date patch levels and application specific feature
- Document Linux configurations and procedures participate in
environment planning meetings and communicate environment
requirements to management.
- Participate in on-call rotation and work to resolve critical
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS or related field required.
- 3-5 years' experience with RHEL versions 7/8, CentOS, system
administration in an enterprise environment required.
- 2-4 years' experience supporting web, NGINX, HAProxy and
- 1-2 years' experience working with and support VMWare & vCenter
- 1-2 years' experience in network support
- Ability to multitask and or related support mechanisms for
- Understanding of PHP, NGINX, Ansible, HAProxy, 2-factor
authentication, sssd, firewalld, LDAP/LDAPS setup, GITLAB,
- Knowledge of Internet server protocols and utilities (DNS,
DHCP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, HTTP/S, SSL, TLS, S/FTP, TCP/IP, SSH,
- Knowledge of security hardening and system performance
- Advanced enterprise level skills in shell scripting and
programming with vi editor.
- Knowledge of enterprise Technologies (Ansible Automation
Software, NFS, Kickstart, RedHat Satellite 6, Active Directory,
RHEL 8 features, performance analysis tools such as AppDynamics,
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with
little supervision (email, network, hardware, OS).
- Understanding of RHEL and/or software-based cluster
configurations and concepts such as keepalived.
- Performance tuning and monitoring (Nagios)
- Technical documentation skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement.
- Working knowledge of Splunk, GlusterFS, NetApp, Cisco UCS
Keywords: Mediacom, Yonkers , Linux System Administrator - Located in Blooming Grove, NY, IT / Software / Systems , Ossining, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!