Looking to make a difference?
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with
revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees
in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various
international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include
electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering,
HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical
solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated
solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions
in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes —
from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers,
manufacturing plants and airports.
Job Type/ FLSA Status
We have an immediate opening for a Chief Building Engineer in
Yonkers, NY. The Chief Engineer is the on-site representative of
the building owner, and is the point of contact with tenants of the
building(s) on a day-to-day basis. This person is responsible for
the overall supervision of maintenance staff and coordinating all
engineering operations of the facility.
• Supervise the performance and maintenance of all mechanical
systems, electrical and craft services, ensuring operation within
design capabilities and achieving proper environmental
• Oversee and supervise the efficient operation of the facility
equipment and systems.
• Develop operating instructions and procedures for equipment
• Strive toward a goal of zero down-time in operations by virtue
of reliable system performance.
• Prepare operating budgets relative to the Engineering
• Together with the ABM Regional Manager, implement and conduct
training programs for operating the facility equipment and
• Establish and maintain periodic operational testing schedules
for critical systems and equipment.
• Administer an effective and accountable preventative
maintenance system tailored to the facility.
• Evaluate all equipment and systems operationally and provide
the customer with a list of deficiency items and recommendations
• Monitor and supervise subcontracted jobs to outside concerns
when it is not practical for them to be performed in-house.
• Implement and monitor an effective energy conservation and
management program to ensure measures are taken to keep operating
costs at a minimum.
• Possess the requisite licenses and permits required by local
laws and ordinances to operate, repair and maintain the facility
equipment and systems. Boiler license/HVAC license
• Ensure that the on-site staff conforms to all local laws,
codes and regulations.
• Establish a program for the acquisition, storage and
accountability of all operating materials, tools and equipment.
Establish a customer approved inventory control system.
• Ensure that work responsibilities are allocated properly among
subordinates by developing and implementing manpower schedules and
work methods and procedures that are designed to obtain low cost
and efficient operation.
• Establish performance standards for each phase of work,
adhering to standard practices and quality levels.
• Carry out policies and procedures of the customer and ABM
concerning safety, administrative requirements, standards,
practices and work methods.
• Assist in the implementation of an effective preventative
maintenance program, completion of service requests, and other
assigned duties to efficiently handle client business needs.
• Perform any additional duties on an as required basis where
such duties are within the scope of contractual limitations.
• 5-10 years) building experience including operation of RTU
(steam boiler), Chillers, BAS, pneumatic/electrical controls,
electrical/emergency systems, plumbing and general maintenance.
• Certified HVAC / steam boiler technician (operator).
• Skilled in electrical systems UPS and Generator .
• Demonstrated superior customer service and communication
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Must be available to contact 24 x 7.
• Must be able to operate a PC utilizing MS Office, Word, Excel
and CMMS software.
• Familiar with BMS system operation tools.
• Knowledge of operation of swimming pool equipment,
compressors, a plus.
Yonkers, NY 10704 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual
Last sync: 2020-09-12 12:15:02
How can we help you? Connect with an ABM expert to get
Call us Give us a call – we'd love to hear from you.
Fill out a short form and we’ll get right back to you.
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions.
ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include janitorial, electrical &
lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC &
mechanical, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and
parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. ABM
provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural
areas to properties of all sizes – from schools and commercial
buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and
airports. ABM Industries Incorporated, which operates through its
subsidiaries, was founded in 1909. For more information,
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender
Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with
disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in
completing the employment application, please call 855-350-0226. We
will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your
request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
You like this. Sign Up to see what your friends like.