Job Summary: Assists with the delivery of patient care in
accordance with established methods and procedures, under the
supervision and guidance of the RN and Clinical Operations
Director. Patient care includes care to patients in the following
age groups: neonatal (birth to stabilization), pediatric (infant to
12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and
geriatric (over 64 years).
- Check Operating Rooms to ensure proper furniture/equipment for
case, prepare the correct surgical bed with linens, retrieve
missing equipment prior to and during procedures if needed, assist
with placement and hook - up of OR equipment. Connect electrical
equipment to outlets with guidance from surgical team and assist
with moving equipment to sterile field as needed.
- Replaces empty nitrogen tanks (for drills), CO2 tanks on video
towers, argon tanks on ABC and making sure that there are back-up
- Check OR electrical beds prior to patient arrival in to the
room and troubleshoot any issues.
- Help to transport patients to the OR from the nursing units and
PAR area as needed.
- Assist surgical team with transferring patient to OR bed prior
to the procedure, assisting surgical team with patient positioning
and ensuring safety strap is available and applied. Post procedure,
ensures stretcher or bed is available and assists with transfer of
patient from OR bed.
- Understands and follows universal protocol and parameters of
the sterile field and traffic flow of the OR.
- Assists circulating nurse as needed.
- Transports specimens and blood to lab/pathology as needed.
- Returns equipment and supplies to appropriate area Keeps scrub
sinks cleaned and stocked, stocks/re-stocks Operating Rooms as
after procedure. Keeps corridors surrounding the Operating Room
clean and free of clutter. Ensures exits and fire extinguishers are
- Reports and tags any equipment that is out of order and
notifies supervisor, with the knowledge of procedure to place the
equipment out of order. Reports any unusual situations, reactions
or conditions to supervisor.
- Routinely performs necessary housekeeping independently within
assigned area of department.
- Assists with room turnover. Cleans all flat surfaces in the OR,
mop floors, delivers trash to appropriate area.
- Assists with transport of patient to recovery area or nursing
unit as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Gives thorough report to next shift regarding status of ongoing
cases and rooms.
- Participate in education and orientation of new PCT.
- Responsible for completion and or/ assignment of logs.
Experience: 3 years as a Patient Care Technician, required.
Education: High School Graduate or GED, required.
Licenses / Certifications: Proof of completion of PCT training
program consistent with state requirements or completion of state
approved exam or evidence of completion of hospital based program
Current BLS/CPR card.
Other: ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION - The following level of ability
is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of
current experience and reject others:
The position requires the ability to attend to a specific
stimulus without being distracted by extraneous environmental
stimuli. The individual must be able to attend to environmental
detail with the ability to separate essential from non-essential or
irrelevant stimuli. The attention skills required are generally
considered to be automatic - - passive, but focused with an intact
capacity for select perception.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY - The following level of ability is
essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
Demands on memory and for processing new information are
minimal. The individual must have the ability to understand or
carry out simple instructions.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING - The Following
Level Of Ability That Is Essential For The Jobholder To Think (in
Order To Solve a Problem) By Combining Two Or More Elements From
Past Experience Or Imaginative Thought
The position requires the ability to evaluate existing options
to resolve a presenting problem. The resolutions or options are
clearly defined, limited in number and are altered infrequently.
Selection of the most appropriate solution is based on
well-established and defined guidelines.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others
clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that
facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts;
to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
Apply for Transfer (current employees only)
External applicants click here to apply
External Application Confirm
Are you sure you want to continue as an EXTERNAL applicant?
Internal Application Confirm
Are you sure you want to continue as a INTERNAL applicant?