Career Opportunities: Medical Technologist FT Nights (28543)
Company: Englewood Health
Posted on: June 6, 2021
To perform technical assignments of a complex nature in any area
of the Laboratory, e.g. Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, some
Microbiology, Blood Banking, etc.
Location: Englewood Hospital
Status: Full Time
- Performs, records, and reports specimen analysis in one or more
sections of the laboratory in a timely manner, according to
departmental policies and procedures.
- Operates complex laboratory equipment requiring special skills.
Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of
equipment per policy. Calibrates instruments as needed or when
specified by manufacturer and/or regulations.
- Assesses accuracy and validity of obtained test results by
applying knowledge of relevant scientific principles; correlates
clinical information and recognizes changes that are critical to
patient care, identifies probable causes for irregular and atypical
- Follows protocol for running and documenting Quality Control
and CAP required proficiency testing according to policy and
procedure. Collects, evaluates, and reports quality management data
in order to monitor and improve laboratory performance.
- Prepares stains, reagents, solutions and mounts slides for
microscopic analysis as needed. Observes and analyzes reactions.
Discusses abnormal or unusual results or other problems with
supervisors and other appropriate personnel.
- Checks work list status on computer to make sure all work is
complete and/or accounted for.
- Performs non-technical functions such as inventory of supplies,
and maintaining a clean, orderly work area.
- Disposes of sharps and needles properly.
- Interprets data and answers questions from physicians, nurses,
and staff concerning test requirements, results, or specimen
- Maintains open communication with supervisors, pathologists,
and fellow employees to ensure optimal operation of department.
Communicates pertinent information to other members of the health
care team in a clinically relevant time frame to enhance the lab's
contribution to patient care.
- Maintains a high level of quality and safety.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of
- Meets regulatory and annual health assessment
- Displays a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude
during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and
- Maintains high standards of service excellence in all
interactions with patients, physicians, other departments and
- Performs other duties as required by department.
- MT Registry as a Medical Technologist (Bachelor's Degree) or
- One year work or internship.
- ASCP Certification preferred.
At Englewood Health we offer comprehensive benefits and
opportunities for professional growth. Further incentives to
working at Englewood Health include:
- Cross training opportunity in the CoreLab.
- 40 hour work week for full-time staff members
- Paid meal break
- Employee discount in Cafeteria
- Free employee parking
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday time for benefit eligible
- 10 minutes from the George Washington Bridge
Englewood Health is one of New Jersey's leading hospitals and
healthcare networks. Composed of Englewood Hospital, the Englewood
Health Physician Network, and the Englewood Health Foundation, the
health system delivers nationally recognized care in a community
setting to residents of northern New Jersey and beyond. The
hospital, founded in 1890, consistently earns high marks for
clinical excellence and patient safety. It is among the top 10% of
hospitals in the nation to earn the 2019 Healthgrades Patient
Safety Excellence Award. The hospital is also nationally recognized
for nursing excellence, earning a fourth consecutive designation by
the Magnet Recognition Program in 2016. Areas of clinical
excellence include cardiac surgery and cardiac care, cancer care,
orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, vascular surgery, and women's
health, as well as bloodless medicine and surgery. Englewood Health
is continually expanding services and enhancing access through the
Englewood Health Physician Network, a coordinated network of
office-based and hospital-based providers at more than 100
locations in six counties in New Jersey and New York. Through the
main acute-care facility, physician network, hospital outpatient
departments offering imaging services in local communities, and a
variety of community health and wellness programs, Englewood Health
delivers a healthcare experience that puts patients at the
Keywords: Englewood Health, Yonkers , Career Opportunities: Medical Technologist FT Nights (28543), Other , Cresskill, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!