Teacher of Autism
Company: Leake & Watts Services Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Teacher will work within the school setting to facilitate
instruction specific to the social cognitive, executive functioning
and pragmatic language deficits associated with ASD students. The
work includes the use of evidence-based assessment and intervention
practices in the assessment, intervention, and program design
efforts of an Autism Program that will be integrate in the
- Design, supervise, and implement students' IEP plans
- Observe and study the behavioral patterns in children with
- Provide direction of all teaching assistants that work in the
- Interact with parents to know the child with autistic
- Address the needs of children with autism with special care and
attention. Develop daily lesson plans with special emphasis on
evidence-based programs for autistic students.
- Provide a comfortable classroom environment to students with
autism. Use as many visuals to support teaching initiatives and
- Develop games, sports and events for students with autism.
- Use transition methods to help autistic students move from one
subject to another smoothly.
- Monitor students' progress and communicate to parents.
- Lifting, positioning and helping students dress may
occasionally be required to ensure student safety and teach
- New York State Certification in Special Education (Birth-Grade
- 3 years' teaching experience working with students on the
- Have ABA training
- Have knowledge of evidence-based instructional strategies for
working with students on the Autism Spectrum
- Ability to integrate alternative and augmentative communication
strategies (ACC) into instruction
Keywords: Leake & Watts Services Inc, Yonkers , Teacher of Autism, Other , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!