Senior Director Financial Services
Company: Westchester Medical Center
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Summary: The Senior Director Financial Services reports
directly to the VP, Financial Services and is responsible for
assisting with practice financial operations and managing all
aspects of professional billing revenue cycle operations for
Advanced Physician Services (APS). APS is a medical group
consisting of approximately 700 employed providers who see patients
at 60 multi-specialty practice locations and WMC Health hospitals.
The Sr. Director works collaboratively with all levels of
management to deliver an excellent patient experience with respect
to accurate and timely coding, billing and collections for medical
services rendered. Additionally, the Senior Director Financial
Services has oversight of financial operations of APS, providing
financial direction and support in the areas including but not
limited to: financial planning, budgeting, reporting, provider
compensation, and third-party vendor & provider contract
- Responsible for approximately 25 internal support staff FTEs in
addition to managing third-party vendor relationships consisting of
approximately 165 support staff, including direct supervision of
Director of Revenue Cycle, Physician Billing Managers, Professional
Coders, Charge Entry, Follow-up, and Cash posting.
- Directs all hiring, performance evaluations, disciplinary
actions, education/development plans, and group staff meetings with
the assistance of direct reports. Serves as a role model to staff,
providing guidance and helping to boost overall moral.
- Sets goals and monitors performance of coding, billing,
follow-up, cash posting, customer service, and collection
activities helping to improve cash flow, days in A/R and other
- Oversees complex analytical reports including budgets, revenue
and expense analysis, business trends analysis, and special ad-hoc
projects related to the designated APS business unit.
- Assists VP, Financial Services with physician contract
management and provider compensation management, including the
implementation and management of physician compensation models
- Oversees and manages third-party vendor contracts/service
agreements, recommending additions/deletions of services based on
performance measures and cost effectiveness during contract
- Establishes and monitors short and long-term revenue cycle
strategic plans and initiatives for APS in conjunction with the
Vice President, Financial Services
- Works with information/EMR system teams to provide revenue
cycle and clinical staff with the technical resources, training,
and support needed to optimize workflow efficiency in the
performance of daily operations.
- Interacts with senior management, hospital managed care and
revenue cycle team, department directors, providers, regulatory
agencies, third-party partners, patients and other stakeholders on
professional billing matters affecting APS.
- Monitors and evaluates the processes and procedures in the
patient registration, coding, billing, claim submission, denials
management and follow-up. In conjunction with the department
directors and practice management, implements changes to the
functions and procedures of the departments.
- Leads and participates in various meetings regarding APS
professional revenue cycle and financial operations.
- Stays well informed on government and private payer regulatory
changes affecting referrals, authorizations, covered services,
medical necessity, coding, billing, and reimbursement.
- Coordinates the preparation of reports and monitors performance
of revenue producing departments. Works with department directors
of all divisions, considers policy changes that have financial
- Prepares summary reports and special project assignments for
Vice President, Financial Services.
- Initiates systems that contribute to enhancing cash flow and
reduce accounts receivable days.
- Encourages and promotes interdisciplinary planning and
collaboration in order to achieve revenue enhancement.
- Maintains contracts and documents to ensure proper
accountability and process for programs and related
- Ensures that APS revenue cycle complies with all WMCHealth
policies and that the department remains in compliance with state
and federal regulations.
- Works in coordination with the hospital's leadership in joint
efforts to improve the delivery of integrated services.
- Other tasks/duties as assigned.
Experience: 10-15 years of experience in healthcare financial
operations and management, including 5+ years recent management
responsibilities, required. Demonstrated success in senior
financial leadership positions in a large, complex, multi-hospital
organization and a working knowledge of, Medicare and Medicaid
Education: BS in business, finance, accounting or related field
required. MBA or related Master's degree preferred
Licenses / Certifications:
- Knowledge of end-to-end revenue cycle operations as well as
knowledge of managed care and other payer processes and
- A demonstrated success in implementing organization-wide
information technology system and workflow process
- Knowledge of ethical, financial, legal and regulatory
requirements pertinent to healthcare.
- A demonstrated ability to identify and communicate risks to
Senior Leadership with accompanying risk mitigation
- A demonstrated successful experience with working in a matrix
environment. Knowledge of governmental regulations pertaining to
- A working knowledge of, Cerner, and/or other enterprise
- Interpersonal and management skills facilitate improvements
working with broad, diverse groups, including staff, practice
management, hospital managed care/revenue cycle, physicians, senior
leadership, patients and community groups.
Apply for Transfer (current employees only)
External applicants click here to apply
External Application Confirm
Are you sure you want to continue as an EXTERNAL applicant?
Internal Application Confirm
Are you sure you want to continue as a INTERNAL applicant?
Keywords: Westchester Medical Center, Yonkers , Senior Director Financial Services, Other , Hawthorne, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!