Company: Westchester Medical Center
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Radiology Technologist performs radiology procedures. In
accordance with established departmental policies and procedures,
the technologist properly positions and immobilizes patients;
adjusts and operates x-ray and other imaging equipment; selects the
proper technical factors to obtain accurate radiographic images and
responds to patients' needs as required. The technologist also
maintains the cleanliness and ensures proper operation of the
equipment, stocks clinical supplies, performs quality
assurance/continuous quality improvement functions and utilizes the
department RIS/PACS systems to manage patient's images, records and
files. The position requires completion of a certified radiologic
technology training program. Applicant must have a NYS DOH License
and be American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
Radiography certified. Applicant must have one year experience as a
- Assists clinical providers with various procedures, treatments,
surgical using sterile techniques and prepares surgical tray and
- Administers imaging tests and treatments as prescribed by
clinical providers using protocols to produce acceptable quality
- Positions and instructs patients in preparation for Special
Procedures exams utilizing multiple imaging modalities as
instructed by physician;
- Provides support to physicians performing interventional
procedures either by scrubbing to assist or circulating;
- Follows department guidelines to correctly identify patient,
and enter patient information into imaging systems;
- Makes adjustments to imaging equipment for each examination
keeping the radiation dose within acceptable standards;
- Properly images cases and archives to PACS, also utilizes the
Radiology Information Systems to keep accurate patient
- Tracks and secures supplies according to departmental
- Troubleshoots Radiology Imaging equipment/systems as needed,
places service calls and informs supervisor and the charge
- Assists in orientation and training of new staff as requested
and serves as a resource person and professional role model.
- Assures that the working environment is clean and in compliance
with regulatory agencies.
- May be assigned to other imaging modalities as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience: Must have one year experience as a Radiologic
Education: Graduate of an approved Radiologic Technology
Licenses / Certifications: Licensed by the New York State
Department of Health as a Radiologic Technologist. Registered by
the American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT)
Special Requirements: Must maintain the New York State license
and registration as a Radiologic Technologist during the course of
employment as well as the ARRT certification. Continuing education
credits are required for ARRT re-certification. Must maintain
professional and have technical knowledge by maintaining regulatory
Apply for Transfer (current employees only)
External applicants click here to apply
External Application Confirm
Are you sure you want to continue as an EXTERNAL applicant?
Internal Application Confirm
Are you sure you want to continue as a INTERNAL applicant?
Keywords: Westchester Medical Center, Yonkers , Radiology Technologist, Other , Valhalla, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!