Director of Health and Wellness/RN
Company: Artis Senior Living
Location: Briarcliff Manor
Posted on: June 7, 2021
This position is responsible for the ON-GOING operations of the
nursing department. He/she assists and supports the translation of
the nursing philosophy of the community into nursing practice by
participating in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of
the nursing care delivery system.
Essential Position Functions
- Ensures resident needs by coordinating and monitoring measures,
restorative services, services and related support services
allowing for respect and dignity of the person.
- Develop and maintain a service plan for each resident, being
attentive to each resident as an individual and in accordance with
the state assisted living regulations.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the customer's
service plan through written progress note and through verbal
communication with the resident.
- Meets regularly with the supportive services, social services,
and/or resident to evaluate the service needs.
- Responsible for departmental employee recruitment and
- Ultimate responsibility to assure departmental personnel follow
established community policies and procedures at all times;
evaluates departmental personnel's skill competencies and overall
performance evaluations annually.
- Implements training programs and in-services for all employees
in accordance with the state assisted living regulations. In
addition, record of attendance will be maintained.
- Operates/maintains department within budgetary guidelines.
- Workers collaboratively with all other departments to assure
delivery of customer related services.
- Provides on-going wellness programs to the residents.
- Assists in the marketing of the assisted living community by
touring, participating in public relations events and/or
interacting with potential resident referral sources.
- Responsible for implementing services during resident move-in,
helping residents with their orientation to the assisted living
community/staff and with their overall adjustment to the assisted
- Responsible for creatively seeking ways to minimize resident
turnover allowing for residents to age in place.
- Assumes management responsibilities in Executive Director's
- Informs physician and other personnel of changes in a
resident's condition and needs.
- Counsels the residents and their family members in meeting
residency standards and healthcare/psychosocial needs.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when
lifting, bending and using equipment.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all community residents
in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also
ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health,
fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in
carrying out the site's fire, safety and disaster plans and by
being familiar with current Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Puts customer service first; ensures that residents and
families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs
- Performs all other duties as requested.
- A graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a current RN
licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience working with elders
or disabled individuals as well as demonstrated supervisory and
- Post-Acute experience preferred.
An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender,
religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Artis Senior Living, Yonkers , Director of Health and Wellness/RN, Other , Briarcliff Manor, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!