Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: State of New York
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable for
appointment on the current Civil Service eligible list for this
OR for Transfer Opportunity:
Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Licensed
Practical Nurse and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be in a
title deemed appropriate for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil
Service Law. In addition, candidates must be licensed and currently
registered to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York
Open Competitive Opportunity (Open to the Public)
- A license and current registration to practice as a Licensed
Practical Nurse in New York State;
- A limited permit to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York
- An application on file for a limited permit to practice as a
Practical Nurse in New York State. (You must be appointed
immediately following graduation from an approved school of
practical nursing in New York State to qualify under this
- Note: If you are appointed with a limited permit or have an
application on file for a limited permit, you MUST obtain your
license within ONE year of the date your limited permit was issued
or steps will be taken to remove you from the position.
To apply as an open competitive candidate, please complete the
New York State Application (http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf)
and submit it with your resume and other application materials. You
must have a license AND current registration certificate, issued by
the State Education Department, to practice as a Practical Nurse in
New York State.
Questions regarding requirements for licensure and registration
should be directed to the New York State Education Department,
Office of the State Board for Nursing, 89 Washington Avenue,
Albany, NY 12237 or by calling (518) 474 3817. The State Education
Department may also be contacted by e-mail at
Upon appointment you must submit proof of a valid license to
operate a motor vehicle in New York State. If you fail to maintain
your license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State,
appropriate measures may be pursued to remove you from this
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the conditions of the Individuals in their assigned
worksite in order to detect indications of changes in condition or
responses to medication or therapy.
- Identify symptoms of illnesses and changes in conditions
manifested by individuals, and report such symptoms or changes to a
physician or registered nurse in order to provide information
useful in diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Take temperatures, pulse rates, blood pressures and respiration
rates using thermometers, manometers, stethoscopes;
- Administer all injectable, j-tube and g-tube medications to
- Implement and monitor the g-tube and j-tube feedings, including
changing g-tubes as necessary.
- Implement catheterization orders, trach care, deep oral and
- Assist individuals in collecting urine, stool and other
specimens in order to obtain such samples for analysis.
- Prepare and maintain charts and other records and treatments
administered in order to document such conditions and
- Perform inventory of current medical supplies and medications
to determine the need for ordering new supplies or
- Perform "Direct Care" duties as assigned
Additional Comments Please note, the posted Hiring Salary
includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for ISU Grade 10
($39,653), along with any special salary treatments in effect for
this position in this location, such as a Downstate Adjustment
- For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be
- Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by
closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate
this on your resume/cover letter.
- All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility
for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and
Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining
- If you are employed by state government you may be able to
receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on
Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made
under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a
qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit
- Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be
able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to
perform the essential functions of their positions with or without
reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or
she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS
OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518)
473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain
information and RA forms.
- OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Some positions may require additional credentials or a
background check to verify your identity.
- Please note that the filling of this position is pending fiscal
approval and authorization.
Keywords: State of New York, Yonkers , Licensed Practical Nurse, Other , Thiells, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!