Company: Leake & Watts Services Inc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Unaccompanied Children Program provides long term and
transitional residential care and other supportive services to
Unaccompanied Children (UC) who are under legal custody of the
Federal Government. Working in collaboration with the federal
Office of Refugee Resettlement, ORR, our program provides a safe
and nurturing environment for youth in a Basic Shelter program, and
the Therapeutic Group Home programs located at our licensed
residential facility in Yonkers, NY as well as a Transitional
Foster Care program with foster homes located in the Bronx, Queens
and Westchester. In all programs, we provide therapeutic and
educational services and other supports that youth need to achieve
success through an array of strength-based and targeted
interventions as well as link them with family members and/or other
sponsors in the United States so they are able to move forward with
their lives and thrive.
- Case aide responsibilities include all necessary tasks as
required by the Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement as well as
completion of internal program processes that ensure all ORR and
additional contractor, or funder mandates and requirements are
- Case aide will support processes and procedures connected to
the safe and timely discharge of minors.
- Case aide will assist and support in the timely creation of
reports via the use of the UAC portal and formats created by the
program or ORR. For example, will document client contacts and
other case required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner in
accordance with regulations. Other reports include Staffing Reports
and ensuring that spreadsheets are up to date in Teams and other
- Case Aide would be responsible for archiving of case files,
submitting requests for any archived case files, and ensuring that
case files are maintained in a confidential location.
- Works collaboratively with the Clinical, Case Management Team
and other program staff across the department and the
- Participates and attends all required program related meetings
- Maintains knowledge of issues affecting UC.
- Participates in the implementation of PBIS to promote and
reinforce a positive social culture with all person supported and
staff at POH. Tasks also include B-Mods distribution.
- Collaborates with Case Managers and Clinicians in tracking for
compliance measures, including the documentation of home visits to
foster parents, individual sessions and group sessions.
- General filing (cottage, medical and education documents) and
distribution or gathering of data required for accountability
- Some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree; Bachelor Degree preferred in Human
- Knowledge of child welfare and immigration related
- Excellent verbal, written communication and organizational
skills are essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Bilingual (English/Spanish ) a must
Keywords: Leake & Watts Services Inc, Yonkers , Case Aide, Other , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!