Director of Training and Development
Company: Leake & Watts Services Inc
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Reporting to the SVP Human Resources, the Director of Training
and Development is responsible for designing and delivering
customized, interactive training for staff at all levels. This
position assesses organization-wide developmental needs to drive
training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training
solutions for employees. This position actively searches,
creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate,
train and enhance performance.
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners to
implement training strategies and policies to improve internal
processes that meet mandatory requirements.
- Develop and administer evaluation instruments that measure
training effectiveness as well as employee fitness to perform
- Continually assess employees' learning needs in relation to
organizational goals, including conducting annual focus group
discussions with managers, supervisors, and line staff.
- Customize and instruct the organization's Core Management
- Conducts annual training and development needs assessment.
- Work with subject matter experts or other source materials to
create new training content
- Develops training and development programs and objectives.
- Serve as liaison for the organization to external training
committees and staff development planning groups
- Deliver and routinely update a comprehensive New Employee
- Create and maintain an electronic training database of training
records for every employee and produce statistical reports
- Design and continually revise semi-annual master training
resources to meet existing and emerging training needs.
- Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing
a variety of media.
- Trains and coaches managers, supervisors and others involved in
employee development efforts.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee
development and training events.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications such as
intranet bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have
knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to
evaluate and measure results.
- Modifies programs as needed.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the
- Manage Training Specialist and any clerical staff assigned to
the Training Department.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of
management and the HR staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by SVP for Human
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and
- Strong project management skills/demonstrated knowledge of
- Proficient computer skills, including MS office
- Strong leadership, consulting and problem-solving ability
combined with excellent interpersonal skills
- Sense of humor
- Willingness to travel between Brooklyn, Bronx and Yonkers
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Five years of experience designing and implementing employee
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory
- Experience with human services and/or child welfare programs a
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) a plus
Keywords: Leake & Watts Services Inc, Yonkers , Director of Training and Development, Other , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!