Company: Aptar Group
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Site Purchasing Pharma NA
Create, Innovate, Deliver Solutions! Aptar Pharma NA is seeking
a Purchasing Manager for the Pharma North America site reporting to
the Site Director. Aptar Pharma is part of Aptar Group, a global
leader with decades of success in the development of health
dispensing solutions and drug delivery. Aptar Pharma has been
setting the standard for drug delivery medical devices and we
continue to break new ground providing innovative devices,
components and services that enable the success of our clients and
improve the health of patients. If you are curious, enjoy
challenges and a fast-paced environment, we are the next step in
your career! Be Aptar!
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for the enhancement
of our technical equipment and materials purchasing activities and
procurement process necessary to support a growing company. This is
a hands-on and strategic role.
What You Will Do At Aptar Pharma:
- Develop and implement the overall purchasing strategy and
process to support Aptar Pharma NA site and manufacturing
- Partner to define and implement required guidelines and
policies and formalize procedures to ensure compliance with stated
policies and controls.
- Manage the equipment and materials purchasing process including
approval and maintenance of vendor information coordination and
follow up on open Purchase requisitions and orders.
- Solicit proposals from vendors and negotiate the best possible
pricing and terms.
- Identify and implement process improvements as needed.
- Develop reporting tools, metrics and strategies to extend
analytical capabilities into the purchasing function evaluating
material costs and expenses.
- Resolve day-to-day issues that arise relating to purchasing and
contracts including partnering with stakeholders on corrective
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews
to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement
- Operates in strict adherence within guidelines on business
ethics and safety policies.
- Coordinates with engineering, facilities and manufacturing
teams to effectively plan material procurement at the most
favorable price that is consistent with quality and project
- Manage spend for Congers site, represents Purchasing in the
site organization , implement Purchasing policies , strategies,
purchase categories of goods which are specific to site (Pharma
specifics in NAM)
- Specifically leads all site planned expansion (mostly
- Consolidate the internal needs and liaise with the relevant
category managers (NAM for Indirect/non Pharma related topics,
Pharma category leads for Pharma related topics)
- Leads the development of the Sourcing localization strategies
- Deliver Purchasing performance for his/her categories
- Manage relationships with key suppliers of the categories
- Assemble, report KPIs for the categories and lead
implementation of improvement actions
- Ensure relevant communication (In/Out) within the Pharma
purchasing team, the NAM Purchasing team and with other
What Aptar Pharma Is Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Supply Chain, Finance
or related business studies.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in purchasing in a pharmaceutical or
biotechnology manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of purchasing concepts
- Proven experience in negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience developing and implementing strategic sourcing
policies and practices.
- Proven skills at developing and maintaining effective and
productive relationships with key internal and external
stakeholders and suppliers and global cross functional teams
- Capable of analyzing and solving problems through innovative
thought and think strategically
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
and the ability to communicate with people at various levels of the
- Superior attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- The ability to prioritize, multitask in a fast-paced
environment being proactive and resourceful
- Project management experience
- Experience and knowledge of SAP
- Train staff Supervise operator training
- Ability to travel to Site locations in Europe as needed
What We Offer
An exciting, diverse and value based working environment
- Award-winning corporate university offering personal
development and training opportunities.
- Competitive base salary
- Contribute to the communities where we reside.
- Innovative benefits plan which includes: 401k plan with Company
matching benefit, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life,
disability and more
BE YOU, BE APTAR!
Aptar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We
believe that a diverse workforce is key to our success. We welcome
applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex,
disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief It is the
policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to
all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
Aptar Pharma, NA
250 Route 303 North
Congers, NY 10920
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Keywords: Aptar Group, Yonkers , purchasing Manager, Other , Congers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!