Broadband Technician I Construction (Multiple Openings) - Hawthorne, NY
Company: Altice USA
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech
company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting
with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their
favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around
technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate
customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and
retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our
customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been
recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as
by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax
for our diversity & inclusion program.
Performs activities associated with system layout, strand
mapping, construction, installation, replacement and rebuild of
plant, introduction to activation, survey of all CATV system
construction components, and assisting the BBT II in the use of and
interpretation of system maps used for construction purposes.
Increased responsibilities associated with system mark out, system
layout, strand mapping, installation, replacement and rebuild of
aerial and UG plant, activation and survey of all outside plant
- Assists in pre-wiring and installation activities
- Digs trenches and removes soil prior to cable installation in a
- Pulls lasher, strand or cable between poles
- Splices coax and fiber cables to designed
- Plans daily activity, requisitions equipment and supplies, and
- Completes job documentation on paper or by using a
- Resolves or escalates customer complaints
- Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters and other test
- Operates a bucket truck
- Maintains and secures Company truck and equipment
- Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days
and beyond regular work hours as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent work
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Ability to obtain current DOT (Department of Transportation)
medical card and valid CDL (Commercial Driver's License) where
applicable; must comply with all applicable DOT
- Electrical or general construction experience?
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Knowledge of basic design calculations.
- Skilled in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Appropriate valid driver's license and driving record within
- Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations
- Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and
equipment as necessary
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner, in accordance
with company, industry and regulatory standards
- Ability to safely lift 75 pounds
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx.
28 ft high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50-pound
maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt
(weight limit of 350 pounds) as needed
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all
backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national
origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or
mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or
veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its
applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers,
professional or employment related information, photos, education
information and/or protected classifications under federal and
state law. This information is collected for employment purposes,
including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant
background screening, human resource administration and compliance
with federal, state and local law.
Keywords: Altice USA, Yonkers , Broadband Technician I Construction (Multiple Openings) - Hawthorne, NY, Other , Hawthorne, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!