Editor, Home Team
Company: Consumer Reports
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Consumer Reports, one of the world's most influential
mission-driven testing and media organizations, reaches more than
15 million unique visitors through CR.org every month.
CR is looking for an enthusiastic and creative editor, focused
on the development of the Home & Appliance division's content
strategy. As an editor on the Home team, you'll work closely with
our team of in-house writers and editors to deliver best-in-class,
reader-focused service content across multiple platforms.
We've been reporting on critical consumer issues since 1936, and
this work matters now more than ever.
What you will do
- Work closely with the Home Content Team Leader, editors,
writers, and other stakeholders.
- Help develop and execute the content strategy for the wide
range of topics that pertain to home and kitchen products, home
maintenance, sustainability, and more. We cover everything from the
best mattresses of the year and buying a home for the first time to
reviews of notable new products or how to load a blender for the
- Assign, edit, and produce content for print, digital, video,
and social platforms. Ensure team's coverage is excellent,
creative, and useful.
- Manage and mentor staff writers, helping them improve the
quality of their work while also overseeing delivery of timely,
- Partner with other teams across our organization (test
engineers and market analysts, as well as members of our survey,
advocacy, statistics, communications, design, and other teams) to
make on-strategy, data-driven content recommendations.
- Act as an in-house home spokesperson or representative for
external media requests, as well as on-camera subject matter expert
for CR video platforms.
- Move content through the production process with ease and
accuracy, incorporating changes, working with art and production
teams, preparing sourcing for fact checking, and more.
- Pursue in-depth reporting and writing projects, as
- You have exceptional communication and project management
- You have extensive editing experience, and experience managing
and mentoring writers.
- You have a passion for service journalism; you're enthusiastic
about helping readers make informed choices and getting them the
information they need to make the most of their home, keep their
family safe, and spend their money wisely.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can easily balance
large and small projects and deadlines running concurrently.
- You're organized and detail-oriented.
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Consumer Reports
At CR, we believe our continued ability to understand and
advance the interests of all American consumers is possible only if
our staff fully reflects the full cultural, racial and ethnic
diversity of those consumers. Consumer Reports is committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity,
ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity
or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or
parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class
protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal
Keywords: Consumer Reports, Yonkers , Editor, Home Team, Other , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!