Certified Central Sterile Technician
Company: Westchester Medical Center
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Job Summary: The Certified Central Sterile Technician will
decontaminate and sterilize instruments and equipment received in
Central Sterile. Their responsibilities include reprocess,
sterilizing and replenishing patient care unit, operating room and
clinic sterile goods according to sterilization policies and
- Operates sterilizers, ultrasonic washers, washer
decontaminators, Sterrads, and other related equipment in
accordance with established procedures and manufacturer guidelines.
Properly handles material exposed to steam, hydrogen peroxide
sterilization, and high level disinfection.
- Performs testing of sterilization equipment including, but not
limited to, routine biological testing.
- Utilizes proper techniques in all aspects of decontamination of
instruments and equipment. Selects proper method to be used for
- Assembles instrument trays, referring to count sheets to ensure
completion of trays. Inspects instruments for cleanliness, proper
alignment functioning and sharpness. Sends defective instruments
for repair, as needed.
- Wraps, labels, and initials trays and rigid containers for
- Replenishes code carts, ancillary carts, intubation boxes,
central sterile and clinic trays.
- Assists in retrieving and returning carts to operating rooms
and ambulatory surgery areas.
- Cleans and decontaminates portable equipment with proper
- Stores supplies in designated shelves (eight inches from floor
and eighteen inches from ceiling.
- Checks inventory for stock-outs, orders in-house supplies from
storeroom and assists management with outside orders by
anticipating and reporting stock-outs.
- Utilizes proper technique in cleaning and disinfecting probes
- Wears personal protective equipment in the work area according
to department policies and procedures.
- Retrieves suction gauges and other patient equipment from
- Delivers central sterile supplies to patient units.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year related work experience,
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Licenses / Certifications: Certified Registered Central Service
Technician by the International Associate of Health Care Central
Service Material Management (CRCST, IAHCSMM), required.
Special Requirements: Ability to read, write and speak English,
Apply for Transfer (current employees only)
External applicants click here to apply
External Application Confirm
Are you sure you want to continue as an EXTERNAL applicant?
Internal Application Confirm
Are you sure you want to continue as a INTERNAL applicant?
Keywords: Westchester Medical Center, Yonkers , Certified Central Sterile Technician, Other , Valhalla, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!