Location: New City
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Psychologist will provide clinical mental health services to
offenders/clients at correctional and detention facilities.
Provides clinical supervision and direction to mental health
professionals if any personnel are assigned to assist them.
Provides mental health services consistent with expectations of
professional training and experience.
- Licensed to practice psychology in the State by the appropriate
state licensing agency
- Experience with mental health delivery systems
- Significant professional experience in the mental field that
indicates knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of psychological
disorders and psychological evaluation techniques, including
psychological assessment instruments
- Responsible to provide clinical and consultation services in
accordance with policies and procedures of The Company Solutions
(The Company) and the standards of the American Psychological
Association (APA), NCCHC, and ACA.
- Responsible to provide clinical services such as diagnosis and
treatment of mental illness, psychological testing/assessment,
psychological evaluations, crisis management services and other
clinical services typically considered within the scope of practice
of doctoral level psychologists.
- Provide direct clinical services duties as outlined in the
position description of Psychologist as needed to meet
institutional mental health service requirements. These duties may
include diagnosis and treatment of mental illness, psychological
assessment/testing, psychological evaluations, training to staff in
areas relevant to Psychologist's clinical duties, and crisis
- Ensure that services provided are in accordance with relevant
ethical and professional standards of care.
- Participation in case staffing or care management meetings
involving active clinical cases assigned to Psychologist.
- Participation in any quality improvement activities that
involve psychology services.
- Ensure clinical documentation is completed professionally and
in a timely manner. Maintain data regarding services rendered
relevant to departmental statistical needs.
- In consultation with clinical and administrative supervisors,
develop and implement goals and objectives for clinical services
provided. May assist in the development and refinement of facility
policies and procedures to ensure that these not only meet
recognized standards, but also the institution's General
- May assist in departmental staff selection and
- May assist in administrative and managerial responsibilities
and duties of the Mental Health Coordinator in the absence of that
staff member; such would be under the direction of the Health
- Immediately notify the Mental Health Coordinator or Director of
any instances of serious suicide attempts, completed suicides, use
of therapeutic restraints, or use of forced medications. Assist in
review of any inadequacies with crisis intervention services and
implement corrective steps as needed.
- Provide timely notification to the Mental Health Coordinator or
Director of clinical concerns that may impact a client or the
mental health services program.
- May be asked to review any psychological reports completed by
other mental health staff.
- May be asked to provide professional education or staff
development of mental health professionals at the facility and for
training of other facility staff regarding mental health
- May be asked to participate in supervision of other staff or
become involved in supervision of an intern.
- Comply with employee standards of the Facility. Compliance
includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working
environment and personal appearance consistent with professional
responsibilities, development of harmonious working relationships,
and timely notification of supervisory personnel of absences from
- May be required to arrange and/or participate in a system of
24-hour crisis intervention services. Immediately notify the The
Company Supervisor of any instances of suicide attempts, completed
suicides, use of therapeutic restraints, or use of forced
medications. Review any inadequacies with crisis intervention
services and implement corrective steps as needed.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Yonkers , Psychologist, Other , New City, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!