Delivery Driver, Donor Services
Location: Spring Valley
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Under general supervision, receives orders for blood and blood
products (including Biocare), prepares blood and blood products for
delivery, and delivers those products to customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Is responsible for bringing compliance
issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Receives and prepares routine orders for blood and blood
- Packages and delivers shipments.
- Maintains accurate Hospital Services records.
- Monitors all storage requirements and updates applicable
records and charts. Performs quality control of storage equipment
and shipping procedures.
- Maintains hospital services equipment, vehicles and work
- Performs inventory of blood products.
- Receives, inspects and determines acceptability of blood
components. Releases blood components from observation.
- Performs basic lab functions as assigned.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Ability to read and write required.
- No experience required.
- Driving experience in a business environment preferred.
- Good communication and customer relations skills in order to
deal effectively with customers and staff.
- Physical ability to lift (up to 50 lbs.), bend, stretch, reach
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy on paperwork.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Able to work on-call and various shifts including evenings and
weekends, and overtime.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable
EEO including disability and veterans
Keywords: Vitalant, Yonkers , Delivery Driver, Donor Services, Other , Spring Valley, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!