EPIC - TEAM LEAD - HIM - 8571
Company: Montefiore Health System
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Montefiore Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary
of Montefiore Medical Center, the University Hospital for Albert
Einstein College of Medicine. Montefiore is one of healthcare's
most wired hospitals, widely recognized by the Hospitals & Health
Networks' 15th annual Most Wired Survey for our adoption of
technology to support clinical care and patient safety & privacy,
infrastructure, business and administrative management, and the
continuum of care. Our experts deploy new technologies, identify,
and define business process improvements and provide stakeholders
across the institution with the resources needed to meet their most
difficult challenges. As a Montefiore IT employee, you will have
ample opportunities to transform patient care, improve health
outcomes and gain insight into the technical workings of one of the
nation's top academic medical centers. Join us in our mission to
improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions!
Montefiore Health System employs over 40,000 associates, including
our IT division of 1000 people. Montefiore IT is in Yonkers,
-- Montefiore Medical Center has redefined healthcare. Through our
multidisciplinary approach, we provide access to a wide variety of
medical specialties for a full range of clinical services, ensuring
seamless coordinated care for our patients. This unique team
approach infuses camaraderie among physicians, nurses, and other
specialty care providers. Our EMR platform, Epic, supports our
collaborative team-oriented environment and contributes to our
becoming one of the nation's premier healthcare systems. The HIM
Team Lead works in a hands-on role in addition to providing
guidance to a team. The Team Lead stays abreast of technological or
business trends in the industry and provides business and technical
expertise to team members. The Team Lead works closely with the
manager to provide guidance to a team and may also function as a
Project Manager. The Team Lead provides outstanding client service
and contributes to the organization's mission of utilizing
information technology to improve patient care * This position
requires Epic Certification in HIM JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- The HIM Team Lead will participate in day-to-day execution of
advanced level technical activities.
- In conjunction with the manager, provide direction to a small
- Oversee assignments and the work of team members.
- Participate in planning the work, delegating effectively and
following up with staff, to provide support and guidance.
- Participate in the evaluation of team members' level of
performance, to provide performance management.
- Participate in identifying training needs for team
- Participate in staffing decisions and promotion of team
- Assist Project Manager or Manager with project planning.
- Participate in developing program priorities, resource
requirements, project scope, and objectives.
- Identify, analyze, and communicate risks and issues to project
- Provide high-level customer support and service. Mitigate
escalations of client incidents and issues.
- Resolve issues through analysis and troubleshooting, vendor
consultation, and utilizing other technical teams.
- Provides timely, effective, and professional customer and
project support on a 24x7 rotating basis.
- Identify highly complex, non-routine issues and recommends
corrective action. Develop solutions for new system requirements.
Provide expertise on design and planning, and ensure that
appropriate technical designs are implemented.
- Provide design review and/or code review, for efficiency and
adherence to standards.
- Assess issues and provide enhancements to existing systems.
Proactively analyze systems to identify potential issues and
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise and business
- Supply technical expertise and business systems guidance to
manager and team.
- Assist in defining problems and objectives, describing the
requirements, determining costs and benefits. Define technical
issues as they relate to the business and the operational
feasibility of the system.
- Ensure that requirements are benchmarked against vendor
offerings to facilitate solutions to business or operational
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Advanced level technical experience in Health Information
- Knowledge of Hospital Coding and Simple Visit Coding (SVC)
- Leading and mentoring others Experience with Epic Roll-outs and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Certified in Epic Hospital Coding, Deficiency Tracking, Release
of Information, Identity Department: Montefiore Information
Technology Bargaining Unit:--Non Union--Campus:--YONKERS Employment
Status:--Regular Full-Time--Address:--3 Odell Plaza, Yonkers
Shift:--Day--Scheduled Hours:--8:30 AM-5 PM--Req ID:--163641
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore
will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge
associates in all job classifications without regard to their race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship
status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history
of--disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy,
military status, marital status,--or partnership status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.-- Mission:
To heal, to teach, to discover and to advance the health of the
communities we serve. Vision:
To be a premier academic medical center that transforms health and
enriches lives. Values
Define our philosophy of care, they shape our actions and motivate
and inspire us to pursue excellence and achieve the goals we have
set forth for the future.--Our values include:
Keywords: Montefiore Health System, Yonkers , EPIC - TEAM LEAD - HIM - 8571, Other , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!