Asset Protection Security Guard, Cross County - Full Time
Posted on: January 15, 2022
- About Macys is proudly Americas Department Store. Theres a
reason weve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macys is also known for giving back
to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macys. The face
of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. - Our
industry-leading Asset Protection team uses the latest technology
and analytics tools to reduce shortages and protect Macys bottom
line. Develop your skills with opportunities to specialize in areas
such as Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset
Protection Training. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to
excellence and leadership development. - Job Overview The Security
Guard's primary responsibility is to deter theft, communicate
suspicious activity to the Asset Protection/Loss Prevention
Department, maintain a safe business environment, and provide
strong customer service. The Security Guard is primarily stationed
at customer entrances and monitors customer traffic entering and
exiting the store. Performs other duties as assigned. Macys uses a
scheduling plan that allows our colleagues to participate in the
creation of their work schedules by managing availability and
identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak
selling times, Macys may offer additional shifts to our colleagues,
which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on
Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Essential Functions
- Successfully complete all Asset Protection/Loss Prevention
training requirements including CPR and First Aid and maintain
personal certifications as required by law
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the # 1 priority.
- Acknowledge Customers in a friendly and helpful manner upon
Customers entry into the area.
- Monitor high shortage areas such as receiving and jewelry as
needed; may perform audit functions
- Use two-way communication devices to maintain contact with
Store Detectives to ensure store safety
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft
incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits,
and other activities as assigned by the Asset Protection/Loss
- Have knowledge of and maintain strict compliance with the law
and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and
seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality - Competencies -
- Minimum -High School or GED
- Some college is desirable.
- Completion of Store Agent Training program required upon
assignment to position.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret
instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays. - - -
Physical Requirements -
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and
- Extended periods of sitting are also involved.
- Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be
- Involves moving and/or lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to use restraints in an apprehension.
- Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in
surveillance areas. - - - Candidates in Colorado: Click here for
and here to . Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Candidates
in Nevada: Click here for STORES00
Keywords: Macy's, Yonkers , Asset Protection Security Guard, Cross County - Full Time, Other , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!