ShopRite - Meat Cutter Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Location: Stony Point
Posted on: May 13, 2022
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while working in the Meat
Department; to maintain a visually appealing department and to
perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner
within Company policy. To cut meat and prepare related products in
the variety, size, quality and trim prescribed by company and
department standards; to communicate and courteously assist
customers with the selection of meat items.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for of this position include,
but are not limited to the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Must possess a strong knowledge of safe food handling and
demonstrate safe work habits.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 35 lbs., and occasionally lift 80-90 lbs.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
* Ability to operate Meat Department equipment such as band saws,
grinders, wrapping machines, power jacks, knives and cutters.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the
Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These
functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
* Maintain sanitation control according to Company policy.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Work in an environment that includes continuous duties in
refrigerated cutting rooms and storage areas (relatively high
humidity) with occasional duties in frozen food storage boxes
maintained at temperatures as low as 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below
* Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing,
storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking products to
ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
* Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy
and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
* Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly;
report any failure immediately.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Meat Department that
weights 35 lbs. and that occasionally weights 80-90 lbs.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 35
lbs. and that occasionally weights 80-90 lbs.
* Understand and adhere to all Country of Origin Label (C.O.O.L.)
regulations for all products in the Meat Department.
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to
Meat Department operations.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report
any equipment problems immediately.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Checks products received against invoices.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may
exceed 8 hours per day.
* Cut and trim meat according to Company specifications.
* Rotates products in meat cases.
* Removes outdated or damaged product from meat cases.
* Fills in meat cases when required.
* Removes trash to designated area.
* Push/pull 4-wheel equipment loaded with product.
* Unload trucks.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations pertaining to the Meat operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standard and all Local, State and
Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA handwashing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential
job functions and general nature of the work being performed and
are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required
to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require Associates to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations, or the work environment change. This job
description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Yonkers , ShopRite - Meat Cutter Clerk, Other , Stony Point, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!