Teacher Bilingual English/Spanish
Company: Rising Ground
Posted on: June 21, 2022
OverviewThe Unaccompanied Children Program provides long term
and transitional residential care and other supportive services to
Unaccompanied Children (UC) who are under legal custody of the
Federal Government. Working in collaboration with the federal
Office of Refugee Resettlement, ORR, our program provides a safe
and nurturing environment for youth in a Basic Shelter program, and
the Therapeutic Group Home programs located at our licensed
residential facility in Yonkers, NY as well as a Transitional
Foster Care program and the Long Term Foster Care Program located
in foster homes in the Bronx, Queens and Westchester. In all
programs, we provide therapeutic and educational services and other
supports that youth need to achieve success through an array of
strength-based and targeted interventions as well as link them with
family members and/or other sponsors in the United States so they
are able to move forward with their lives and thrive. The
Educational Coordinator will oversee educational services provided
to youth supported by the UC program.
- Will develop all lesson plans and curriculum for all children
in the program. Will ensure that the lesson plans meet the
developmental needs of the youth in the program, are in their
native language and provide opportunities for the youth to learn
English and Acculturation.
- Will work with the Office of Refugee Resettlement and other
governing bodies to ensure that the program is meeting standards as
they relate to the educational needs of the youth supported by the
- Will work with the Teacher's Assistant and the Youth Care
Workers to ensure that they are able to facilitate with the
curriculum in each of the classrooms.
- Will ensure that youth are provided any and all specialized
tutorial services. The Educational Coordinator will be responsible
for monitoring and organizing tutoring hours on the different
- Will create and facilitate educational activities in the
community as well as hands-on projects that will enhance the lesson
plans provided to the UAC youth.
- Will maintain inventory of all education supplies and ensure
that education program is fully equipped to meet the needs of the
youth supported by the program.
- Will facilitate assessments for minors within 72 hours of
arrival and every 90 days thereafter.
- Will coordinate activities such as fund raisers
- One year of teaching experience providing ENL services to youth
who present behavioral, educational, and emotional challenges
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field with
progression towards ENL extension
- Pathway to a master's degree in education or related field is
- Bilingual teaching extension or in progress of receiving
- NYS Department of Education Certified or in progress of
Keywords: Rising Ground, Yonkers , Teacher Bilingual English/Spanish, Other , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!