Child Life Specialist
Company: Elizabeth Seton Childrens
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Purpose of Your Position -Fulfill position functions and
responsibilities necessary for ethical and efficacious programming
of child life services. Plan developmentally-appropriate individual
and group clinical sessions to meet resident-specific goals, and
provide developmentally-appropriate procedural support and
preparation. - - Function as integral part of creative arts therapy
and child life team and neighborhood-based interdisciplinary team
to promote quality family-centered care. - -Position Functions and
- Promotes Elizabeth Seton Children's Center's Mission and Core
Values of Respecting and Embracing Diversity, Excellence,
Collaboration, Innovation, Evolution, Growth and Change and Loving
Relationships by bringing these values to life in the
- Provide a full range of child life clinical services
(caseloads, procedural support, clinic visits, family support etc.)
with approximately 20 client-contact hours per week.
- Provide procedural support and logistical assistance for
in-house clinics, in-house medical procedures and ADLs as indicated
to meet resident needs.
- Provide developmentally-appropriate preparation and education
for procedures, and provide procedural support for external
appointments as indicated.
- Screen newly admitted residents to determine appropriateness
for child life assessment, and communicate findings to team.
- Communicate referrals to child life team and conduct initial
child life assessments for referred residents who are prioritized
- Assure accurate physician's orders for all residents on
caseload, and consistently fulfill orders.
- Conduct individual and group clinical sessions, with
child-centered, measurable goals.
- Participate in Plan of Care meetings when applicable to discuss
clinical goals and progress.
- Maintain standard data-gathering techniques during all phases
of clinical processing including assessment, therapy and
- Adhere to established clinical documentation standards in a
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team to provide highest
quality of care.
- Advocate for families and serve as a role model of
- Communicate with relevant child life staff in acute care
settings to provide continuity of care when children are
transferred to acute care.
- Provide clinical support to residents and families around times
of crisis and transition (including sibling support, palliative and
end-of-life care, discharge preparation, etc.).
- Provide complementary therapies as trained, when appropriate
(e.g., Reiki, massage, Acutonics).
- Participate in interviewing, selecting and orienting child life
- Participate in the supervision and training of child life
interns and practicum students.
- Participate in providing child life orientation, in-services
and educational opportunities for ESPC staff.
- Actively participate in pertinent ESPC committees and Business
Plan teams as appropriate (e.g., Family Advisory Council, business
plan work-groups, palliative care committee, etc.)
- Assist with planning and implementation of department-led
special events (e.g., Family Portrait Day).
- Comply with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations
and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines, etc.
- Adhere to CLC Standards of Clinical Practice and Code of
- Engage in on-going continuing education opportunities
consistent with professional standards.
- Maintain departmental supplies and demonstrate appropriate care
of departmental materials.
- Requisition supplies with the approval of the supervisor.
- Adhere to a resident-focused schedule of hours and use
appropriate procedures for requesting time off.Education
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Child Life, Child Development,
Special Education or closely related field
- Certification in Child Life, or certification within 6 months
of hire -Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years professional experience in a clinical
- Internship or fellowship in child life
- Clinical or volunteer experience with children with multiply
handicapped and medically fragile children, preferred - -
Keywords: Elizabeth Seton Childrens, Yonkers , Child Life Specialist, Other , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!