Company: The Community Builders
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Position Description:The leasing agent must be knowledgeable,
friendly, energetic and have a dynamic personality. The leasing
agent's role is primarily a sales position with a strong emphasis
on customer satisfaction, meeting goals, and achieving results. As
a leasing agent, you will be responsible for the sales process from
start to finish, minimizing vacancies, maximizing occupancy,
maximizing tenant retention, creating or assisting with the annual
marketing plan, implementing it and making adjustments as needed.
Through by providing excellent customer service, following up with
leads and helping current residents resolve problems as they arise,
you will become the face of the property. The leasing agent is also
the concierge of the community; they must know their surrounding
community, and be able to sell it. This position reports directly
to the Property ManagerMust specialize in Affordable Housing and
Tax Credit.Essential Functions:
- Greet, pre-qualify, build rapport, follow up and close the
lease with prospects for phone, email and site visit traffic
- Responsible for community and apartment tours, handling
objections and selling features and benefits of the neighborhood
and the property
- Understand and implement site's leasing criteria in order to
pre-qualify and process applicants
- Ensure that rental applications are processed in a timely
manner and work with relevant staff to ensure that the verification
process is completed in a timely manner
- Process appropriate denial/ineligible letters in a timely
manner and in accordance with TCB policy
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date waiting and transfer lists (if
applicable), including purging by TCB policy
- Maintain prospect, applicant and resident data, utilizing TCB
standardized forms from guest cards to lease files and entering
data from these forms into site logs as required
- Compile reports with traffic/leasing information, work order
information and area info as needed for upper management
- Conduct rent comp studies quarterly or as required by the
- Assist in developing marketing plans including events, internet
ads, print ads, outreach, marketing copy, order marketing
materials, placing ads and submitting for approval to TCB's
- Collect application fees and deposits as applicable
- Responsible for completing the lease package for each rental,
including renewals as applicable, renewal notices and
- Complete all follow up including prospects within 24 hours of
initial contact/visit and new resident follow up within 30 days
- Schedule and perform move-in orientations and inspections and
maintain resident handbook
- Responsible for the appeal of the rental office show unit and
all made-ready vacants
- Schedule leasing office hours in order to meet the expected
results, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Understand and adhere to the AFHMP (Affirmative Fair Housing
Marketing Plan), as applicable.
- Ability to maintain professional conduct in all situations.
- Assist occupancy specialist as needed and as time permits
- May be requested to complete special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter, self-motivated and requiring minimal supervision
- Problem solving skills
- Must demonstrate strong sales, customer service,
organizational, multi-tasking, communication skills and the ability
to close the deal
- Attention to detail required
- Understands the impact of the first impression and follow up as
integral elements of leasing
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines (training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Basic computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Physical Demands & Work EnvironmentThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely
is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard,
finger, handle and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach,
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the
building or site.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Must work under deadlines and ability to meet deadlines.
Education & Experience:
- High-school education or above
- Prior experience of at least one year in leasing and affordable
The Community Builders is committed to diversity in its workplace.
Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.In
addition, TCB has implemented a vaccine mandate which requires all
staff to be fully vaccinated or be approved for a religious/medical
Keywords: The Community Builders, Yonkers , Leasing Specialist, Other , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!