Regional Philanthropy Officer- Corporate Portfolio (Hybrid Work Location)
Company: American Red Cross
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing
Candidate Home.By joining the American Red Cross you will touch
millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the
human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's
largest humanitarian network?**** As a condition of employment with
American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are
fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except
in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is
conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved
exemption prior to starting employment **** Join us-Where your
Career is a Force for Good!Job Description:Work for an organization
where your career is a force for good!We are seeking a relationship
builder who can meet goals and objectives, connect with our donors,
and serve our mission.The Role: Regional Philanthropy
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and
prospective donors in the Greater New York Region.
- Develop and execute ongoing regional strategy for qualifying
donors to ensure retention, growth of donor contributions, as well
as recapture from previous donors. Work collaboratively with other
departments and fundraising staff to create customized solicitation
strategies matching the objectives of the organization and the
interests of the donor/prospect.
- Meet personal annual revenue targets by working with an
assigned portfolio of individual donors and prospects. Implement a
program/activity to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward
donors at the $5,000 level or higher, with an emphasis on
maximizing revenue for the American Red Cross.
- Assist donors in creating meaning in their lives by giving to
the American Red Cross.
- This position is a blend of work-from-home, in-person meetings
with donors, and an occasional team meeting in the New York City
- Participate in disaster relief fundraising projects as
appropriate.What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum five years of sales and/or fundraising experience
- Proven experience in developing strategies for donor retention,
growth, and recapture, and proven success with complex requests is
- A current valid driver's license and a good driving record is
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple
constituencies and audiences. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and
written communication skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS
Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser's
Edge, Salesforce.com). Ability to work on a team within a
collaborative environment and ensure the highest customer service
- Travel: Frequent travel within the Region is required.Physical
Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
- Frequently lift and/or move 15 to 30 pounds.
- May require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment will consist of moderate noise (i.e.
business office with computers, phones, and printers, light
- Ability to work in a small cubicle and the ability to sit at a
computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Overall mobility is essential.
- It may also include driving a vehicle and working under
challenging conditions.The Team:
Work with a diverse team of development professionals to support
the work within the Greater New York Region.What's in it for
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a
mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support
to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing
home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing
possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance your learning.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Paid Family Leave: 12 weeks paid at 80%
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
- Pay for PerformanceThe above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They
are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities
and duties required.The salary range for this position is (NYC):
$84,000 -92,000Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges
aligned to a specific geographic location in which the work is
performed. The stated salary range in this posting is specific to
NYC. If you live outside of NYC and are a remote employee, your
salary may be different and based on your geographic location. The
specific salary information will be shared at the time of phone
screening based upon your location and qualifications.Apply now!
Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a
difference every day.The American Red Cross is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?Life's emergencies don't stop, and
neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than
90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human
suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position
that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and
talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their
time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.Visit
redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our
most-needed volunteer positions.To view the EEOC Summary of Rights,
click here: Summary of Rights
Keywords: American Red Cross, Yonkers , Regional Philanthropy Officer- Corporate Portfolio (Hybrid Work Location), Other , Hawthorne, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!