Senior Retention Specialist
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Senior Retention
SpecialistDEPARTMENT: Rapid Re-Housing/NYSSHP/SHPFLSA:
Non-ExemptREPORTS TO: Program CoordinatorLOCATION: Yonkers,
NYSUMMARY: Coordinates the day to day operations of several housing
case management programs throughout Westchester County. DUTIES &
- Works collaboratively with supervisor to achieve various
- Responsible for supervising the retention specialists in the
- Identify program needs and makes recommendations.
- Conduct regular supervision and staff evaluations. Oversees
staff work performance and HMIS Data. Assist with the review of
leasing packets and timesheets among other tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining log records, weekly and monthly
outcomes, and database reports of program participants.
- Works collaboratively with property management, DSS and other
agencies to meet participants needs. Identify clients barriers and
develop a service plan with clients to address the identified
- Responsible for conducting clients intakes and obtain needed
documentation to ensure clients eligibility.
- Responsible for coordinating program outreach events.
- Promotes housing stability and individual well-being during
program enrollment. Assists clients with budgeting assistance
through financial literacy workshops.
- Attends weekly cross department meetings and other meetings as
required. Create and maintain ongoing communication, both verbal
and written, between all parties involved.
- Assist clients with SSI/SSD applications when needed. Attend
SSI/SSD or entitlement meetings with clients to ensure clients
needs are service.
- Link clients with community-based, mainstream social service
providers that are able to meet their long-term social support and
- Provides mediation and crisis intervention and attends
meetings/trainings when needed.
- Requires the completion of a daily calendar, various
programmatic time sheets and activity logs.
- Provides monthly retention services for up to six months after
the client has exited the program.
- Able to travel throughout Westchester County.
- Other duties as assigned.EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL
REQUIREMENTS:Bachelor Degree required or a Masters in Human
Services or related field preferred. Fluency in Spanish is highly
desirable. Ability to work some evenings and on weekends as needed.
Ability to follow up and maintain professional relationships with
participants, staff and outside partners. Experience in community
outreach and group leadership. Possess strong organizational skills
with the ability to meet a demanding workload. Knowledge of
community services, conflict and resolution, and strength based
case management. Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point,
and Google Suite. Must own a car and valid NYS drivers license
required. AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONSWesthab is a
prominent community development organization, providing housing and
supportive services for more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable
members of our community each year. We are staffed by an
extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully
committed to our mission - Building Communities. Changing Lives.
Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are
high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have
the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are a
results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact.
If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be
because you feel ready for the challenges and expectations that
come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND
HEALTH ADMINISTRATION (OSHA):The Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA) ensures safe and healthful working conditions
to workers by setting and enforcing standards and by providing
training, outreach, education and assistance. Westhab complies with
all applicable OSHA standards, rules and regulations in addition to
keeping our workplaces free of serious recognized hazards.by
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Yonkers , Senior Retention Specialist, Other , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!