Senior Analytics Engineer
Location: Englewood Cliffs
Posted on: March 16, 2023
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With nearly 5,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
The Data and Analytics team at OwnBackup seeks an outstanding Senior Analytics Engineer. The selected candidate will work with a team of data engineers, BI analysts, data scientists and business stakeholders to use their business understanding and the data in the data warehouse to create data models, datasets and reports that measure business performance and drive outcomes. The Analytics Engineer will also assist with data model development in the data warehouse, advocating and driving data strategy throughout the organization, supporting embedded analytics teams, enabling stakeholders and creating a validation process to ensure data accuracy across various dashboards and platforms.
* Work with Business Stakeholders to define KPIs that accurately measure and provide insights into the performance of business processes.
* Leverage the data in the Enterprise Data Warehouse and develop scalable data marts using Snowflake to provide status on key performance goals and initiatives
* Develop and own validation processes to monitor and ensure data accuracy
* Document process flows, best practices, and requirements of various use cases in a way that can be understood by technical and business stakeholders
* Assist BI team members in identifying KPIs that help them build Tableau dashboards
* Support ad-hoc dashboard and data requests to provide insights to various teams as needed
* Work with various internal stakeholders to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
* Contribute to project scoping, assist in managing project priorities, and informing/escalating appropriately when external factors impact execution
* Tech Stack: FiveTran, Snowflake, dbt, Python, Airflow, Tableau
Your Work Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in technical, financial or business domain
* 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence/Analytics required
* 5+ years of experience in Snowflake/SQL required
* 3+ years of experience in Python required
* Experience managing wide set of stakeholders
* Experience working with partners in RevOps (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success)
* Solid organizational skills, extreme attention to details, passion for accuracy
* Strong research and problem-solving abilities as well as business acumen are required
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills required
* Ability to convey complex technical concepts to business stakeholders and to come up with actionable recommendations required
* Robust project management skills and experience, and the ability to keep track of timelines and deliverables involving multiple projects and initiatives involving participants from different teams required
* Passion for streamlining and automating business processes
* Experience with writing technical documentation
* Experience with developing and executing automated test procedures
* Experience working with Salesforce, Dynamics CRM, Servicenow or similar highly desired
* Experience with data governance and supporting tools desired
* Previous experience working with a Data Science or ML team desired
* Experience with regulatory frameworks (GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA etc.) desired
* Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
* Ability to function independently and as part of a team under aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment, convey a strong professional image, exhibit interest and positive attitude toward all assigned work, and strive for continued improvement
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJoffice to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
The base salary hiring range for this position is $140,000 to $210,000. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be dependent upon various factors such as education, training, skills, qualifications, competencies, years of experience, job-related knowledge, scope of the role, and location.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.
Keywords: OwnBackup, Yonkers , Senior Analytics Engineer, Other , Englewood Cliffs, New York
here to apply!